Dark Discharge Anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dark Discharge Anyone? Dark Discharge Anyone?

Unread 03-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

Hi Ladies! I'm just wondering if anyone has had a brown/black discharge. This started early in Feb. and has never stopped. It's not alot (just need a pantyliner), but I'm starting to really get concerned that my fibroids have gone wild !! Called DR on Monday but she won't be back until late Wednesday. Nurse asked me if I thought I needed to be seen before that? What a stupid question!! That's why I was calling, for info. and advice. How am I suppose to know what is normal and what is not?
GRRRR !! Sorry just had to vent a bit. I do adore my DR and her staff but sometimes this is all so routine to them they forget it is a big deal to me. If anyone has had an experience with this kind of discharge could you please let me know. Any thoughts on what this could be from? Thank You for your help.
WisSis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

I'm sorry I never experienced this problem. However, I hope you are able to get some answers soon! I know others have had the dark discharge, though -- so I hope they will come forward and share their experiences.

Unread 03-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

I had dark discharge post c-section. I tried for weeks to get the nurses to take my concern seriously and let me see the dr. It ended up being a uterine infection(PID) the was so far along the I required IV antibiotics. (Try that with a newborn) Now I've learned not to mess around with the front office staff. If they won't give me an appointment, I'll find another dr. and let the dr. know why. (thanks for letting me vent, experience is sure a good teacher)

Anyway I don't know that your discharge is related in any way. It's just what happened to me. I would definitely insist on seeing a dr soon to find out for sure.

mostuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I did too

Hi WisSis

I have suffered with the brown/black (sometimes maroon, deep red and brown) discharge for YEARS! I didn't have fibroids though. It would vary in intensity too. Some days I would have to use more than a panty liner though. My doc had told me it was "old blood". Come to find out, I had an endometrial growth that was more than likely being irritated and rubbing the other wall of my uterus when I moved around causing the slow bleeding. I wonder if your fibroids aren't irritating your endometrium (uterine lining). The fibroids may well have your endometrium mashed into the other side of your uterus and they could be rubbing causing the slow bleed.

I sure don't have any definite answers for you, sorry, but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone in that dept. I've also had to endure that and I know it's annoying and makes you feel down right dirty! yuck

Good luck in getting an answer from your doc. Have a great day too!

Hugz,
Reety
Unread 03-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

Thanks so much ladies!!!! It makes me feel alot better knowing others have had this problem. It is so-o-o-o disgusting!!! Hope the DR calls me back soon so I can get on with my day.
Take Care Everyone
Unread 03-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

I have had the brownish/black discharge for years on and off. Dr has even seen it and assured me it is just old blood.

But no more !!! YEAH

I hope your Dr can make you feel better about it.

Kay
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

Same here, the doc told me it was old blood too. I get it at the tail end of every period. It drives me nuts, it is dark and looks disgusting. I hate it even worse when it spots between periods.
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

I too have had an almost constant spotting of "old blood" for many years which is one of the reasons for the two D&C's and other procedures done throughout the years with no success. You might want to mention it to your doctor so he/she is aware of it since it is a new thing with you.
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

Me too - I have brown spotting almost all month long. Sometimes even sorta clotty... I understand it's old blood, but I'm not sure about the clottiness of it. Does anyone know what that might be? I also had some black blood recently - first time for that.

Also had to add - pretty yucky stuff. I know the feeling!
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Dark Discharge Anyone?

I've had the dark discharge almost continually for about 2 years, the worst being since November '04. My Dr. told me it was symptomatic of the adneo I have. From what I understand it is just as the other sisters said.......old blood and it needs to go somewhere so eventually it come back out as dark discharge. I, too, was very alarmed when it continued and didn't seem to let up. I am anxious about having a TAH, but will certainly be happy when I no longer need to wear a p-liner day in and day out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register