Feelin' Okay - 3 Weeks Post-Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feelin' Okay - 3 Weeks Post-Op Feelin' Okay - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Unread 10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Feelin' Okay - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Hi y'all!

I am 37-years-old and am 3 weeks post-op after a TAH/BSO. I am still sore and definitely get "told" by my body if I am either doing too much or moving in a way I shouldn't, but generally feel 100% better than I did the first week.

It is a whole new world for me as I have lived with poly-cystic ovarian disease (PCOD) and endometriosis for almost 10 years and to know that this pain will end, giving way to what I am praying will be a pain-free existence is enough to make me get up and do a happy dance - if I could! It was a blessing to have had the surgery since during the procedure, it was discovered that I had numerous fibrous cervical lesions that were pre-cancerous and had been caught before they turned ugly!!! Yay!

I am having some of what I am seeing are typical concerns after surgery - i.e. intimacy, pain, complications, HRT etc. and any info or advice that can be offered would be greatle appreciated!

Happy, healthy healing to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Re: Feelin' Okay - 3 Weeks Post-Op

Good to hear that they caught the lesions before they advanced!! Glad you are feeling better now!! Hold off on the happy dance!! There is a forum for Hormones that has some really good info. There is also a forum of Intimacy. These are good places to start. Please don't get overwhelmed with everyone's issues. It is easy to do. Concentrate on doing your recovery right...rest, walking some, eating right...repeat. Relax as much as possible. Any concerns that you have, and don't feel like you are getting the answers here... please call you doc. Best wishes!!! I have no regrets about my surgery!!! Here's to your pain free future!!!
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:24 PM

Weeks 3-4 were was a great week of personal achievements for me. I was no longer taking the prescription pain meds; only took ibuprofen when needed, moved back into my own bed from the recliner in the living room; slept on my belly; started going up and down stairs; started walking (very slowly and for short distances at first but at least I was out of the house); and finely got my appetite back.

The worst was over and I was on my way to healing. Now it's been 7 weeks and every day I still see improvements.

Take it little steps at a time and expect to take a step back once in a while. That's OK. Let your body heal at it's own pace. You only have one chance to heal right and now's a very important time in your progress. You feel better, but you still need to let yourself heal.

Remember: Pamper the Princess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 07:36 PM

I am 4 weeks post op from a total-radical hyst. with everything removed due to severe endometriosis which I was told was possibly lingering since puberty. I have an almost 12 year old daughter and have been told, due to the amount of endo that I was probably lucky to have had her. I have lived with enormous pain since my very first period at 12 and have known nothing else but pain, so for this surgery I have dealt very well with any ouchies I have had to deal with. My biggest thing has been the fear of messing something up because I felt so dang good!!! I don't have the constant back pain, the constant cramps, the blood flow that seems like it could kill any human being due to blood loss, the headaches or the fatigue (other than the normal tired from major surgery and I am was an insomniac before surgery and still working on it). I think this surgery is a god send to women and I look forward to my days, weeks, months and years to come... healthy and pain free.

I wish you the very best and can't wait to read of your progress and success stories!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register