Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy. Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy.

Unread 09-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy.

2 1/2 week post op. Feeling better but new symptom the past couple
Of days is an uncomfortable feeling in the vaginal canal and pressure. I am already on Cipro because last week I slowly felt some uncomfortableness and doc called this medicine in for me. Not really helping. Today they told me it sounds like inflammation and to try and lie down more and to take 4 advice every 8 hours for several days and that should help. I know it's only been 2 1/2 weeks but why am I just now feeling this uneasy, uncomfortable feeling that's hard to describe? I can't find much on this on this site so is thinking I'm the only one with this? Anyone else feeling this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Re: Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post-op

Does it feel like vaginal fullness, like there's a tampon or something in the vagina? Many of us have this feeling and it's very uncomfortable and unsettling. Also a feeling of aching pressure down there when standing. This is likely vaginal swelling and for me it started at about 2 weeks and eased up at 8 weeks or so. I still get it if I'm on my feet too long. My surgery was vaginal and I think all the pulling and manipulating down there was not appreciated by my vagina. Get off your feet when you need to. I find trying to ignore it and push through the discomfort just makes for a bad day for me. Listen to your body. Sending you hugs that you feel better soon!
Unread 09-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Re: Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy.

yep, sounds like the 'tampon stuck in the vagina' problem. It started about week 2 for me also. I still get occasionally if I stand or sit too long. Doctor said it is from stretching the vagina so much to remove the uterus, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Re: Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy.

Yep, started for me on day 10. It comes and goes. I read some of the posts about vaginal cuff healing, and maybe that's what causes it, in addition to healing from all that manipulation they have to do to get everything out. I laid down and applied an ice pack to my lower abdomen and it helped a lot, as did ibuprofen. Hope you feel some relief soon.
Unread 09-14-2014, 10:21 PM

I still feel this. I have used an ice pack by laying it over the area somewhat and I take motrin also. Driving makes it worse for some reason.
Unread 09-15-2014, 06:52 AM

Yep, I am right there with you guys. About day 10 for me. I had a prolapse that was repaired at the same time and I thought it had come back. My surgeon said it is vaginal swelling . Get off your feet and recline. All of the tissues internally are healing at different rates. Some swell while others are not. Plus the swelling is the sign of healing.
Hang in there, it gets better.
Hugs to you!
Jeannine
Unread 09-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Re: Uncomfortable uneasy feeling in vaginal canal at 2 1/2 weeks post-op

Sugarandspice, thanks so much for responding. It just feels like the way it felt a few years ago when I had a UTI, without the burning when I pee etc. Maybe what u r describing is what I'm feeling. I have found that putting a heating pad in my lower pelvic are for just a few minutes relaxes everything and helps me go to sleep so I guess I'm happy about that. I'm fine standing up........I just have to make myself Kay down, I have two week left off work to recover so my,plan is to be laying down form6-8 hours each day on the sofa or bed.........sitting in a chair seems to bother where they sewed me a bit. Thanks again for your reply. Have angreatnweek.
Unread 09-15-2014, 10:04 AM

Thanks so much Jeannine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register