2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: bleeding - updated - called the doctor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: bleeding - updated - called the doctor 2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: bleeding - updated - called the doctor

Unread 11-14-2014, 06:03 AM
2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: bleeding - updated - called the doctor

Hello ladies, don't know if I should be worried or not. I haven't had much bleeding at all since my surgery. Last night I had several episodes of sharp pain in my right side (I was doing nothing....on the couch), woke up this a.m. to a good bit of bleeding. It freaked me out, like I said, I haven't had much bleeding at all since the surgery.

I'm worried about my internal stitches. I have been taking it easy, but on Wed took my daughter to see the proofs of her senior pics.....a good bit of driving and dinner out...I felt fine though. Anyone else experience anything similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2014, 06:46 AM

I was just wondering about this to. I'm 11 days post op and had no bleeding or spotting. Yesterday hung out with a friend sitting at Starbucks and walked a tiny bit at grocery store. Now have some pain and spotting. Wondering if it's normal also or if it's from my field trip yesterday. I just have spotting though, sounds like you have more than that?
Unread 11-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Re: Post op bleeding

It's just a BIT more than spotting.......just enough to make me wonder!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2014, 07:24 AM

im having the same problem. its been four weeks and the last couple of days ive had to wear a pad. this is scaring the heck out of me. im having pain where my overies use to be and its bad enough i cant stand up straight at times.
Unread 11-14-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie65 View Post
im having the same problem. its been four weeks and the last couple of days ive had to wear a pad. this is scaring the heck out of me. im having pain where my overies use to be and its bad enough i cant stand up straight at times.

Is this new for you, or have you had "spotting" off and on since the surgery?

For the most part, I feel better in that area, felt like I had a brick in my gut for years, now that's gone, so that's great! Like you, the pain last night was where my ovary used to be, and also where I have always had sharp pains, maybe they're phantom pains like you hear about when people loose a limb? Just a thought.

I think though at 4 weeks, the pain should not be so bad you cannot stand? Have you called your doctor? I'm debating that myself today, seems like the spotting is getting lighter, so I'm holding off for now.
Unread 11-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Re: 2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: bleeding

I'm 16 days out of surgery and I wen for my first follow up appointment yesterday. I was worried because I have spotting that just comes out of no where. I don't have any problems for a couple of days and then WHAM spotting! So, I asked my doctor and he told me as it heals and the stitches melt, I will have spotting and that I shouldn't be worried unless the spotting turns into bleeding.
Unread 11-14-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e71465 View Post
I'm 16 days out of surgery and I wen for my first follow up appointment yesterday. I was worried because I have spotting that just comes out of no where. I don't have any problems for a couple of days and then WHAM spotting! So, I asked my doctor and he told me as it heals and the stitches melt, I will have spotting and that I shouldn't be worried unless the spotting turns into bleeding.
Thanks for this info! I guess what has had me worried, is I was what I would consider in between spotting and bleeding.........but it's getting lighter and lighter, so your news has me relieved.

I had my first post op follow up one week after surgery, I had complications during surgery so they wanted to see me earlier. At that point, I had no spotting. I see dr again on the 3rd.
Unread 11-14-2014, 09:02 AM

ive had spotting but this is more then that. im gonna call my doc after i get off work today. im just kinda scared
  Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMary View Post
Is this new for you, or have you had "spotting" off and on since the surgery?

For the most part, I feel better in that area, felt like I had a brick in my gut for years, now that's gone, so that's great! Like you, the pain last night was where my ovary used to be, and also where I have always had sharp pains, maybe they're phantom pains like you hear about when people loose a limb? Just a thought.

I think though at 4 weeks, the pain should not be so bad you cannot stand? Have you called your doctor? I'm debating that myself today, seems like the spotting is getting lighter, so I'm holding off for now.
Unread 11-14-2014, 09:41 AM

My doctor told me it would be normal to have some bleeding around the 2-4 week mark.
Unread 11-14-2014, 09:55 AM

At first, I would worry when I would bleed but it's so sporadic that I don't worry about it after talking to the dr.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register