nervous breakdown, totally upset and need help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nervous breakdown, totally upset and need help nervous breakdown, totally upset and need help

Unread 04-13-2006, 07:35 PM
nervous breakdown, totally upset and need help

I need help. I had a vaginal hysterectomy a week ago this past monday. Prolapsed uterus and severe bleeding and pelvic pain, which I thought was due to uterus. I have been feeling pretty good until today(even after the pain meds wore off}, I did not hurt where I had been hurting so I thought I was finally done with this pain that I had for 10 years. I also had a rectocele repaired. So now I am hurting. My dr. is off tomorrow. It is not severe, but very irritating just feels like something is not right down there on left side. I had post op check up Monday, dr. said everything was fine. I had been to many drs before him who could find nothing wrong and I do think I really had prolapsed uterus and rectocele, but now what do I do? I was more active today, just had to go to wal mart, and also got to see my new precious nephew for the first time and I held him, rocked him, fell in love the child, but surely holding a 8 pound baby, not walking with him wouldn't do this. What do ya'll think? And to top it all off my dh is working tonight and I need moral support. I am sorry for sounding so whiny, but I had been so excited that my problems were over and here they are like a bad apple!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 07:49 PM

Dilly I'm sorry you are in pain. We have the same dates. I have my days w/ pain. Today I over did it a bit helping to clean the house. I've had this pain when i sit up it feels like something wants to pass thru kinda like a clot. And I have pain on my left side as well almost like my poavaries are on fire. I see the Dr on Tues.......I have lots of questions for her. I hope you feel better....take it easy and REST!I know its hard to not feel like you wanna climb the walls. BIG 'S Barbie
Unread 04-13-2006, 07:50 PM

hey sweetie. i am so sorry for you. can you get a ride to the e.r.? it sounds as if you could use some medical attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 08:09 PM

It's really not bad enough to go to e.r. But thank you. I have been hurting in this spot for years(of and on) and I really thought this hysterectomy would fix it. So now I just feel panicky and just really down. The pain started when we built our house and I did alot of heavy lifting and shoveling sand, and the drs could never find anything and then it would be better for a while. When my job required me to be on my feet alot, it was worse, then changed jobs to a desk job and it got better. Then I had a brain tumor 3 1/2 years ago, and had to go on seizure medication. I had to try several different seizure meds to find the right one, well one of them is also given as a pain med, so of course during the time of taking that I didn't have pain, unfortunately after taking it for a few years I started having side effects and when I stopped taking it, the pelvic pain was back with a vengence. You know I just want to feel good. But I was very blessed that the tumor was not cancerous. The 1st neurosurgeon said cancerous and inopperable. Thank God for the second one. Ok, I feel better now. I am still here. I am not dying. Thank you for listening. and replying.
Unread 04-13-2006, 08:56 PM

OMG!! Dilly you poor thing you have been thru alot girl! But you know you are STRONG and you've come this far I'm sure in time you will feel better! I'm having better days already it's amazing how I can tell already the differance in how I felt last year to now...aside from the aches and pains and ovaries feeling like they are on fire lol! I knoww that eventually i'll feel better. You take care get LOT'S of REST girl and keep us posted on how you are doing! BIG 'S Barbie
Unread 04-13-2006, 10:43 PM

You're only a little over a week post-op. The aches, pains and discomfort are normal for this part of the healing process.
Of course only your Dr can tell you for sure whats going on so if need be give his/her office a call.

good luck
d
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:58 AM

Hi dillydoo
I'm sorry you're hurting. I think the trip to Wal Mart at one week could cause this. Did you get things off the shelves by yourself and then load and unload bags out of your car? If you did, it was way too much for this point in your recovery. You did a lot in one day for no further out than you are and you also had the repair work done,which can add time to your recovery. I felt the recotocele repair really added to my discomfort those first few weeks.
I hope that after resting you will feel better. It's possible the this spot where you are hurting again is where your dr has made an incision or attached something. You'll have to talk to him about that, but try not to panic. Take it slower, use some heat on the hurting spot. I had lots of times when I would be up for too long and pains like this would come on. Your body it telling you to slow down.
I hope after a good night's rest you are feeling better.
's,Rita
Unread 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM

I think ya'll are right. I probably did over do it yesterday. I feel better this am, still have a little discomfort, but a lot better. My husband went with me to wal mart, and loaded everything for me, but I was on my feet alot, and having to climb up in his big truck probably didn't do me any good. Today I will take it easy. I love this website. Thank you all for responding to me.Hope all will have a good day and a blessed Easter weekend.
Love, Alice
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:02 AM

Just finished reading all the way through, I love a happy ending. This site is the best place for support and good feelings!!! You're the best. Dilly hang in there! You are recovering from a trauma and it will take a long time for things to feel ok.
Donna
LAVH, BSO, Lymphanectomy, LGESS, adenomyosis, fibroids, cysts, endless lists of girl problems!! I'm a survivor!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register