Anxiety / Hyperplasia - upcoming radical hysterectomy 1/23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety / Hyperplasia - upcoming radical hysterectomy 1/23 Anxiety / Hyperplasia - upcoming radical hysterectomy 1/23

Unread 01-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Anxiety / Hyperplasia - upcoming radical hysterectomy 1/23

I've know about the surgery for six weeks. In that time my family of 5 traveled by plane to see my seriously ill MIL who became debilitatingly depressed after open heart surgery she has a gi tube because she lost the will to eat. My husband went back again over the weekend because he won't be able to go for two months post-opt, missing my birthday but I really encouraged him to go. My 45 year old aunt died of a PE on New Years Day -- which eerily is the same day my mom died 16 years ago from cardiac issues. My aunt was the care giver to my Grammie who has dementia and we moved her to assisted living facility. I was in charge of insurance, research and care plan for Grammie. She's been there 9 days it's a bit bumpy but ok. my husband has 42 1st cousins one was killed in the fall in a cat accident and another committed suicide the day before my aunts funeral. I have three kids, the youngest is 6 so at least there is no lifting. I also have an immune deficiency called CVID which effects wound healing.

Wow. I have been pushing it all off emotionally so I can be there for my kids and family but listing it like that and thinking about it is opening the flood gates. I'm also telling you strangers this because it is so crazy and overwhelming how do you share this with your friends without seeming like a person who is obsessed with an endless tragedy. I hate when people are only focused with what is wrong. I want to be focused on how to fix things and appreciate the truly overall wonderful life I live.

I struggle with insomnia and as surgery approaches I am struggling more. I always have surgical complications, usually revolving around anatomy issues --/ I'm already aware of some anatomy issues. Whether I can keep my ovaries will be decided in the OR, that will make me sad if I lose them.

This site has been comforting. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Re: Anxiety / Hyperplasia - upcoming radical hysterectomy 1/23

Sometimes it's easier to tell strangers, isn't it? I clicked on this thread because the title sounded so much like what I went through (I'm a week post op now). I have an anxiety disorder, hyperplasia diagnosis and had to make a decision about it very quickly. That *alone* was enough on my plate, but of course it wasn't all there was.

I don't know, but to me you sound like an incredibly strong person who has a taxed but functioning support system. These things are good. What is coming up for you... you *must* focus on what you need to get through. There's time enough to handle the rest of it, but you will have more trouble getting there if you don't take care of yourself.

But you knew that already I'm sure. Still it helps to hear it from a stranger.

What kind of procedure are they going to do? I had mine done with a da Vinci (dvh). Here's what I can tell you (blah blah disclaimer: not a doctor, your mileage may vary):

1) Recovery hasn't been as intense as I thought it would be.

2) Already I feel better than I did before the hysterectomy. I didn't realize how much my angry uterus was bullying the rest of my body around. I'm still a bit sore, but whoa outside of that I feel *fantastic*

3) The menopause symptoms? Hot flashes and night sweats like crazy, but my mood hasn't gotten crazy. In fact if anything I've gotten more placid.

What I'm saying is that this hysterectomy you've got coming up? Yeah might not be a bad thing and outside of the raw recovery time, will leave you better equipped to deal with all of the other challenges you've got in front of you.
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Re: Anxiety / Hyperplasia - upcoming radical hysterectomy 1/23

Hi (((SuzieFriday))) to HysterSisters.

I am so sorry you are dealing with so much. You have much on your plate, and it is okay to get on here and tell us about these events in your family. It is safe here, and we all support each other. We are strong women who are going through, or already have gone through, a hysterectomy. And along the way other things in life happen, and we write about it here. That is okay. Allow yourself the feelings and emotions that come with all these events.

Talk to your doctor about your insomnia. Sometimes they can prescribe something for you, as you really need your sleep.

Above all, know that you are not alone. This is one place you can come and we understand what you are going through.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register