First missed period! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First missed period! First missed period!

Unread 05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
First missed period!

Ok...so some of you name your fibroids/cysts etc and others of us do this....

I am now offically missing my first period since my TAH! My DH and I were walking round the grocery store last night and we came to the toiletries aisle. As we got further along I saw all the boxes of tampons and napkins neatly lined up. I turned, pointed a finger at them, and laughed out loud at them. I turned round to see my husband following behind with the cart, just busting up laughing at me!

We just have to celebrate in whatever way strikes when we know we've done something so good for ourselves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
First missed period!

I agree...We should celebrate the eradication of our periods. Even though I feel somewhat ragged today, I feel wonderful compared to the way I felt DAILY before I had to surgery.

This was the best thing for me to do for myself....I embrace my decision, and I rejoice in it every day...

Hugs...and YAY for you, laughing at the feminine product line, your budget just got a little looser, and the makers of feminine products are going to feel it.

T.
Unread 05-25-2006, 02:57 PM
First missed period!

Hi Lev, I Did Exactly What You Did In The Store To. I'm 3mos Post Op Yesterday And I Have Missed 3 Now. I Feel So Good Now. Now More Daily Pain Or Low Iron. And I Have Put On Nice White Sheets. Wow!! I Agree With You We Need To Celebrate In What Ever Way That Makes Us Feel Good. Good Riddance Trouble Some Period, I Will Not Ever Miss You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 04:04 PM
First missed period!

I had to buy tampons for DD the other day and the whole time I was looking for "her kind" I was giggling to myself. I am relieved to hand over my crown as "tampon queen" ( my sis-in-law gave me that title because everywhere you looked I had a supply of super-duty tampons)
Unread 05-26-2006, 02:12 PM
First missed period!

I'm 3 months post op now and I have to still remind myself sometimes that I don't need to go down that aisle anymore. It's such a good feeling! I'm loving life now and sometimes forget all about my old period "schedule." The other day after talking to my sister I couldn't remember when I would have been supposed to start and then I thought why bother figuring it out! Yeah!

I did bag up almost all of my old supplies and stuffed them in the closet. I keep finding more hidden here and there. We just traded in our old car and it was amazing how many I found stashed when I cleaned it out. Ha-ha! I wanted to have a pad-burning ceremony, but I figured with two sisters and three daughters I'd better keep some around just in case.

It is so awesome to not have a period!!! I love wearing white!

Ursula
Unread 05-26-2006, 02:19 PM
First missed period!

I rounded up all my feminine hygiene products and stuck them in our front bathroom, at their request, for when our daughters or our son's girlfirends/wives come round and get caught short. They took one look at the size of the super super maxi heavy duty ones I used to use and I think it scared them silly! lol

I can't recall ever using mini tampons.....bless their little periods lol
Unread 05-26-2006, 02:47 PM
First missed period!

That is all they "serve" in the machines at work. I remember thinking, "GOD, it must be nice to just wear that tiny little thing. I gave mine to the ladies at work who need more than the "regular" size that they sell in the bathrooms. I am surprised at the number of women who actually need super duper plus overnight, big enough for a week tampon....

Hugs. T
Unread 05-26-2006, 03:44 PM
First missed period!

*pouting***
I'm 3 and a half weeks post-op and have forgotten what it is like not to wear a pad. I've been bleeding since my surgery. Dr. said that it is normal and not as much as it looks....but when will it ever end??? I'd like to skip that isle to now that everything has been removed!!!!! I'm so jealous of all of you.
Unread 05-26-2006, 03:46 PM
First missed period!

Hang in there woakus...I had light bleeding and then spotting for the best part of 2.5 weeks and had to wear either pads or pantyliners. You will stop soon and enjoy your new found freedom
Unread 05-26-2006, 05:07 PM
First missed period!

Today I went out and bought new white undies and white linen capri pants from Chico's! I have worn exclusively black for so long -- at least 2 years! These are my "liberation clothes"!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register