Surgery Monday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Monday Surgery Monday

Unread 01-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Surgery Monday

I'm scheduled on Monday, I'm starting to get excited now, but give me an hour that I will be in panic mode. I saw my Dr. yesterday and I feel a little better, but now in countdown time. Starting all the preps, I had a really sad moment this morning tho, put my 11, 9, and 5 year old on the school bus, then I thought what if something morbid were to happen to all three of them, like if the bus were to crash, I would never have the opportunity to hold a child of my own again. I don't normally think like this, but it made me feel really lonely and scard. My weekend is so scheduled and hectic, I'm not going to have time to think about it, until it's time for the enema and douche on Sunday. That part I"m DREADING.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Surgery Monday

OMG, I too cried today when I put my 7 year old on the bus and dropped my 4 year old at pre-school. My emotions are just out of control. I am so afraid that I will never feel like " me " again after Monday. I think I am also grieving the loss of my uterus which really surprises me.
Good luck, I will say a prayer for you on Monday as I'm wheeled into the palace!
Unread 01-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Surgery Monday

Thank You I'm glad I'm not the only one realizing the loss of not being able to ever be pregnant again is not something I'm feeling alone, I'm starting to notice more pregnant women and babies everywhere. I find my self wanting to snuggle with my kids more, I hate this feeling, not that my DH and I were ever planning on having anymore, and I probably could not get pregnant with all the problems, but just knowing it's soooo permanent. I will also pray and think about you on Monday, I'm scheduled for surgery at 10 am, what time are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Surgery Monday

Hey, I am scheduled Monday at 10a.m. too. I'll be thinking of you guys!
Unread 01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Surgery Monday

I am right there with you ladies! My surgery is on Tues 1/9, and ever since my pre-op on Wed I have had awful thoughts too! I keep thinking omg what if something were to happen and my boys wouldn't have thier Mommy....what if's are driving me crazy!!!LOL I just keep hugging and snuggling with my boys(they are 2 & 7, so they still enjoy it!) every chance that I get! We have even planned for a weekend of riding the 4-wheelers and dirtbikes to keep my mind off of things, and so that we can spend quality time together! (We do this as a family alot already!) But my 7 yr old said " Hey Mom, you wont be able to go riding with us for a while after you go to the hospital, are we still going to be able to ride this weekend?" He was so worried about me not being able to go with them...kinda made me feel very loved!So I told him that I would still be able to go sit outside to watch him ride his dirtbike, so he was ok with that! I will say a prayer for all of you ladies on Monday for an uneventful and speedy recovery!!!
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Surgery Monday

Wow all of you ladies will be in my thoughts and prayers for next week! I hope and pray all goes well with you!
Take care it will be over soon and you'll be
recoving at last!
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Surgery Monday

(((( HUGS))))) my sisters.... I KNOW your pain and your fear. We can hang onto one another and our kiddies...
I'm in at 7:30, so while you are pacing waiting to go to the castle, think of me!
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Surgery Monday

I'm also going in on January 8th at 7:30. Does anyone know if you will be able to sleep on your side after the surgery?
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Surgery Monday

Hope all goes well with you 7:30 girls, I will be thinking about you , and I do hope like you say I can sleep on my side also. Trying to take down all my Xmas decorations, hoping to get all housework and my BIG walmart run done. Kids are going to love me, I'm going to buy some junk food for them.
Unread 01-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Surgery Monday

Well just got a call from my doctor's and I am already bumped from 7:30 to 12:00. The anxiety begins!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register