TAH Restlessness and can't sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Restlessness and can't sleep Restlessness and can't sleep

Unread 11-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Restlessness and can't sleep

I'm in week 3 of recovery. Been feeling strong and more like myself. First few weeks I napped, walked a little napped, and still slept well. Now, I'm bored, restless during the day, however activity tires me out, yet having difficulty napping or sleeping. I know I'll be tired tomorrow (Thanksgiving) but can't get myself to sleep. Sleepless nights wouldn't be such a big deal since most days are unstructured.

Any sleeping tips? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Re: Restlessness and can't sleep

I'm 6 weeks post op TAH. Kept ovaries . Insomnia is my biggest complaint . My ovaries are still asleep and its one of the side effects . Once in a while I take a gravol when I can't sleep at all .
Unread 11-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Restlessness and can't sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzyque3 View Post
I'm 6 weeks post op TAH. Kept ovaries . Insomnia is my biggest complaint . My ovaries are still asleep and its one of the side effects . Once in a while I take a gravol when I can't sleep at all .
What does that mean "ovaries are still asleep?"

Slept well last night. It may have been anxiety of seeing family. They mean well but sometimes say weird things.

Thanks, wishing you refreshing sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2013, 10:41 AM

The ovaries get their blood supply from the uterus and pelvic wall. When u take the uterus away it cuts off most of the bloos supply to the ovaries thus they are "asleep" until they can regain all their blood supply. This process could take awhile since they only have the pelvic wall to rely on for their blood supply. I am 5 weeks post op TAH have developed a vaginal cuff hematoma and fluid under my abdominal incision. I still have a lot of pain and a hard time sleeping. I take ibuprofen pm with my pain pills at night before bed then again sometime in the middle of the night to help me get through till morning. It doesnt really matter how active i am during the day or how much i do or do not nap my night time sleeping still (for lack of a better word) sucks.
Unread 11-29-2013, 10:59 AM

I have never been a great sleeper, but after the first week of drug/procedure/complication haze, I can't fall asleep until almost 5 or 6 in the morning. I of course sleep until 10 or 11 after falling asleep so late! I really hate this schedule, but at least I'm sleeping, so I guess it's not that bad!!
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:00 AM

How do you know if your ovaries asleep? I'm having insomnia , had tah and removal of tubes. I feel my ovaries are Woking fine as I haven't had any hot flushes, and I had ovary pain which felt like ovulation????.
Unread 11-30-2013, 01:21 AM

I am almost 6 weeks post TVH. I kept my ovaries too. Fatigue and insomnia are my biggest problem too. Go to sleep at 3-4am, up at 6:30 with the kids, then back for a nap during the day, thats if i can fall asleep. Im lacking sleep so badly that im getting cold sores. So frustrating

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register