LOTS of BLEEDING! (updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LOTS of BLEEDING!  (updated) LOTS of BLEEDING! (updated)

Unread 12-21-2009, 07:32 PM
LOTS of BLEEDING! (updated)

Been fighting infections since surgery 2 weeks ago. Fever developed while on IV antibiotics. Suddenly today started gushing lots of blood, with a foul smell. Called doc, he had already asked me to come in tomorrow morning but he says this may be a good thing?! Says it may mean he doesn't have to open me up again ( I had also developed a large cyst on my left ovary). Does anyone know why this might be a good thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Re: LOTS of BLEEDING!

I am only going to say that I will keep you in my prayers... I know you are scared, but if all else fails go to the ER and get some answers...... Gushing sounds pretty extreme...
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM

I agree w/ gee. Follow your instincts and listen to your body! I hope things are well and go good tomorrow! Hugs and best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM

Maybe you had one of those blood hemotomins (sp) and it popped on its own? That would be my guess.
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM

I am 6 days post TVH with mesh repair for retocele. Tonight I have a lot blood from by rectum. Not two pads a hour yet. I have not been constipated.
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM

I think he did mention a hematoma during my last internal ultrasound. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes ladies.
Unread 12-21-2009, 09:38 PM

Redbird

If you have a hematoma inside, then the bleeding could indeed be a good thing....they usually leave the stitches at top of vagina loose enough that drainage can happen.

I had this about 8 days after surgery, had big time infection in the pelvis - hematoma got infected - and mine started draining suddenly and dramatically while I was in the hospital on IV antibiotics. That was really the start of getting better.

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kathy
LAVH 12/08
Unread 12-22-2009, 12:04 AM

I certain hope Redbird, that he means its a good thing that he is getting you in tomorrow. By no means should you be gushing blood, and the odor could be indicative of an infection. Regardless, I'm glad you have an appointment and pray that all goes well, and that you some some relief from the problems you are having. Keeping you in my thought!
Unread 12-22-2009, 12:18 AM

I'm 2 wks post-op da vinci TAH, no bleeding until tonite!! What a shock! Just had my follow-up 6 hrs ago, and we were laughing about lack of spotting/bleeding. Then, boom! Bright red, not gushing, but definately a discharge. No odor, but I was surprised! I did have a LARGE subcutaneous hematoma due to the instrument removal. I'm a thin woman, and the robotic instruments ripped the sub-cu tissue. Had a mini-volcano in my top hole in the recovery room! All else was GREAT. I may be black/blue/purple from hip to crotch, but what a wonderful surgery. Has anyone else had vaginal bleeding 14 days post-op? If it even looks like it gets any heavier I will call doc tomorrow. I'm thinking it's part of the tearing of my tissues. Any ideas?
Unread 12-22-2009, 06:04 AM

Getting ready to go to the doctor in an hour. I pray this bleeding doesn't last long. It smells horrible. My brother is supposed to drive down to take my family home for Christmas since I can't drive the distance but no one is going to want to sit in a car with this smell for hours. Has anyone experienced an odor with the bleeding?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register