new here and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here and scared new here and scared

Unread 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM
new here and scared

hi ladies,

im amy, im 26 and im having a total hysterectomy in 3 months. im also having 1/4 of my bowel removed as my ovaries are stuck to my bowel and womb. i have pcos, dub and endometriosis. im lucky in that i have 2 gorgeous daughters but im so upset and scared that i have to have this hysterectomy. just needs some words of support and help please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Re: new here and scared

Hi there,

I had my TAH Jan 12. I was left with one ovary. Back in Oct I went to have my TAH, the Gyno opened me up and found way to much scare tissue.My uterous was fused to my bowels plus my bladder.My uterous was the size of a foot ball due to fibroids. When I went in for my Jan 12 TAH they nicked my bowel because of so much scare tissue.But luckliy I haven't had any problems. I did have a bit of pressure from my bladder due to all the cutting they did. I had 3 surgeons working on me and the surgery took 5 1/2 hours.

It's normal to be scared, I was so scared the day of my surgery but I do not regret it at all. Now I am 6 weeks post op and doing very well. Allow your self to be scared for the right reasons. The ladies on this site are so great. Don't hesitate to post what ever you are thinking.We all are here for one another.

Best of Luck
Unread 02-23-2010, 05:28 PM

its natural to feel scared, its fear of the unknown. i was scared too and i work in the hospital and i'm in surgery a lot. just pray and trust in god and everything will be ok. remember you have sisters here to support you every step of the way. i just had lvah last friday and now i feel kind of silly about all the worrying i did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Amy,
Welcome to the site. It is natural to be nervous before this .I know I was. I am sure you will do fine. Please don't hesitate to post here with your concerns, questions or just to let us know how you are feeling. This is a very stressful period of time and it does help to have people who have been there and understand. I know that I did a lot of relaxation exercises before to help me deal with stress. You will find that everyone here has been there and totally understands what you are going through. Sending hugs.
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Hi Amy- for your own peace of mind are there any alternatives to having the surgery?

If you have educated yourself and have had your questions answered to your satisfaction then that is an important first step in my opinion.

I'm happy for you that you already have two beautiful daughters .Children are a blessing.Now you have to take care of yourself.
It's natural to be nervous before hand. I know I was in the weeks coming up to my surgery(6 weeks ago) but I knew that my problems were not going to go away without it.

If you believe in God , trust him and pray lots. Have others pray for you too. He will get you through it.

Mary Lynn

I
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM

Amy26,

You are not alone in how you feel. We are all there with you...Hang in there and keep this site closeby as we are all here to support each other. I will have my surgery in 5 weeks and still nervous about it but I know its the right solution for me and my situation.
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:34 PM

Im 27, Rachel, and went to the dr to find that surgery is basically my only option right now. Im scared too, so Im right there with you sweetie. I have a boy and a girl so I too am very blessed. If u need someone to talk to Im here. Dont know when my surgery is going to be yet, but all I know is that it will b within a month most likely.
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM

It is understandable for you to be scared; I was scared when I had my TAH over five weeks ago. I was worried about the unknown but I prayed that GOD would get me through it.
If you have any questions, concerns etc. just come to this site; we are here to help.
The first couple weeks were rough and I was mostly resting but now I am glad I have had it done.
Unread 02-23-2010, 11:28 PM

thank you for your replies.
to the lady that asked, yes surgery is my last option. i have had 4 operations so far and now that my bowel, ovaries and womb are so joined theres not alot more they can do.
im not scared of having the actual operation, its what im losing. i havent slept at all last night and i have such a headache.
have any of you started the hrt patches?? im due to start these 3 months after my op so my body can get back to normal.
ive already been told the surgery will take between 5 and 8 hours and my consultant will be doing the hysterectomy and a bowel surgeon will be there too. i'll have a catheter for a week and a colostomy bag for 3 months which is the main thing im dreading.
just seems like im so young to be having this. i didnt quite realise my body was so messed up. i knew it was bad with my PCOS, DUB and Endometriosis but not this bad!!!
thanks for your replies
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:40 AM

I am almost a year post op and I had stage IV endo. I was told when I was 17 years old I would have surgey before I was 25. I went through alot of fears and several other surgeries trying to avoid the hysterctomy, but looking back I am glad that I had it done. There is always a certain amount of fear with the unknown, and it is really okay to be nervous and scared. Just know that you have all of our thoughts and prayers with you as you go on this journey. Please post whenever you need to. We will be here, reasy to help in any way that we can because that is what sisters do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register