need more time to recover from hysterectomy... feeling guilty | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need more time to recover from hysterectomy... feeling guilty need more time to recover from hysterectomy... feeling guilty

Unread 05-30-2014, 01:26 PM
need more time to recover from hysterectomy... feeling guilty

Well I survived three half days at work... barely. Im struggling because I think I need to do one more week of half days (Dr willing to sign letter and document the need). I feel guilty and that I should suck it up and do full time because each day is getting better... (week 6 with complications). I am tired of fighting for short term disability coverage too..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Re: need more time to recover from hysterectomy... feeling guilty

Do not do it!! I went back under pressure and a promise to "ease you back slowly". I am now scheduled 9 straight days, and at least 3 are overtime. I am miserable and hurting, and will no doubt have to call in sick one day and then get in trouble (because health care providers are not allowed sick days). Dont go back until you have to and are ready!!
Unread 05-30-2014, 04:05 PM

If you need the time, take it. So much better to be sure you are fully recovered and ready than to risk a set back which leads to even more time off. This IS all about you right now. It's your time to do things that are best for you! Please don't feel guilty - we are all human and everyone heals a little differently. Nothing wrong with that! Take care and good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2014, 06:02 PM

I agree, just do half days. Everyone heals are different rates, and that is ok.
There is no need to feel guilty. Only you can decide if you feel "up" to full time.
Hugs.
Unread 06-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Dont feel guịlty because you know what you can handle
Unread 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM

How do you ask for more time when the surgeon might feel that you have had enough time to heal?
Unread 06-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriejo101 View Post
How do you ask for more time when the surgeon might feel that you have had enough time to heal?
I just had my 4 week check and I was a nervous wreck about it. I had a really rough week 3 spent mostly in bed and knew I was in no shape to return to work today (4 wk mark). I even brought my husband to be my advocate and explain that I am just now starting to move around again. My doctor was GREAT!! I got all worked up for nothing. I read posts on here...had a script of what I was going to say and it was all not needed. He took one look at me and said "2 more weeks" nonnegotiable.

Now my short term disability company is another story. I opted not to go back 1/2 days because short term dis does not cover this and I wanted to save my time. She (the agent) basically told me that pain is "subjective" and there is no reason I can not sit at a desk for 8 hours but that she would cover it since my doctor wrote the note (and ordered bloodwork).

Fact of the matter is we all heal differently and as so many before me have said on here we only know our bodies and need to listen to them.

Good luck and rest, rest, rest!
Unread 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM

You take your time girl! Im in my 6th week from tah with appendix removed. Im doing good and starting to feel so much better but if I was working full time theres no way I would be ready to go back! I still have 3 more weeks to be cleared. Everyone heals different. At different paces. Only you know how you are doing. Take control of your body. This is the only time you have to get it right. Heal good. We had major surgery. Its going to take us 6 months to a yr to heal completly inside. No need to rush. I really liked how one lady put it. You can replace your job but you cant replace you! Take good care of yourself. Here in Tx. Its getn hot now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register