Still a little scared... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still a little scared... Still a little scared...

Unread 03-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Still a little scared...

Hi sisters, I'm a 29 yr old married mother of two who is scheduled to have LAVH on March 22nd. I've read lots of messages and thank you all for such important and useful information. My mother had her surgery done over 30 years ago and has forgotten many of the pertinent details and several procedures have changed since then. So I was a bit in the dark with all this. Doctors are wonderful but tend to sugar coat the side affects a bit so as to not scare you.

I also have a pacemaker due to inappropriate sinus node tachycardia with complete heart block so my LAVH has been put off several times over the past 4 years. One would think that after all the surgeries I've had in my life due to my heart condition I wouldn't be nervous at all, however I'm terrified! I've had laproscopic surgery to have cysts removed, a tubal ligation, and had my gallbladder removed in 2002 so I'm no stranger to the pain. I'm a bit fearful of the whole vaginal cut though. My doctor said that he would remove the uterus through my vagina and take out the ovaries through my stomach incision. OUCH!!! Is it going to burn terribly when I do finally pee on my own? Does anyone know? Please let me know if there are any ladies out there with pacemakers who have had the procedure done and if you had any complications, oh and I really want to know about the whole burning thing. Thanks ladies and I'll continue to pray for all of us.

Robin
Charleston, SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2004, 04:10 PM
urinating after the catheter

I had a LAVH on Feb. 10th and I am feeling great 4 1/2 weeks later. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days. On the third day, the catheter was removed and I urineated about a half hour or so later without burning. It just dribbled out initially but I was thrilled be rid of the catheter. Each time that I went to the bathroom thereafter was a pleasure!
Unread 03-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Still a little scared...

Hi (((Robin))) Welcome to Hystersisters where you will find so many wonderful, caring women to share their experiences with you. If you have not had a chance to peruse the site yet, as a new LIW you may find the following pre-op and post-op articles of particular interest:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=170
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=171
I'm sure if there currently are any "sister" on HS who may have pacemakers they will come by to share with you.
Most if not all of us were scared before this operation, it is major surgery afterall and it is normal to afraid. Please don't hesitate ask your doctor for something to calm you if the fear seems overwhelming. So glad you found us and please come back often with questions, or to vent, etc.
s and blessings, peggiesue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register