Now I'm Furious! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I'm Furious! Now I'm Furious!

Unread 04-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Now I'm Furious!

What else can happen?? Just to get you up to day...my surgery is scheduled for April 16th...last Friday I left 3 messages for the scheduling nurse to call me and let me know if my insurance approved...no call back. Called Monday morning before work left another message with my work number, no call...called two more times, and finally reached her about 3pm Monday...she said that they did approve it!! Thought everything was said and done--boy was I wrong!! I decided to call my insurance company today to find out how many nights I was authorized and what if any co pays I have...they have NOT approved this surgery and have not even heard from my doctors office to get approval!! Of course by this time the doctors office is closed!! So I left another message to have her call me tomorrow as soon as they open! I have already went and bought all my "castle" things, lined up sitters for after and before school, my parents took the day off to be there with me, AND I am now not scheduled at work for 6 weeks--with NO PAY (I am a waitress). As if this surgery isnt enough to worry about..now I have this on top of it?? Any suggestions on how to handle this? I am definately going to be on the phone every second tomorrow until I get an ANSWER! But I think this nurse should be reported for her incompetance!! Nothing is ever easy for me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 02:31 PM
GRRRRRRRRR

Sorry,
But at that point I wouldn't even waste my breath on the phone.
I would go to that Doctors office, ask for the scheduling Nurse, and ask to see your file and the paper/fax/message that they got that said all was approved!!
Maybe that would be the thing to do....or maybe talk to your Doctor and let him know what you have been dealing with as well!

jdd
Unread 04-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Now I'm Furious!

Hi There-

I'm sorry you have been through this and that you feel so angry. I can understand how upset you must be with the person who appears to have not done what she said she did; I'm hoping that it turns out to be a misunderstanding and that everything works out for you.

I hope that you won't let this stress you out, sweetie - take a deep breath, and try to allow mistakes that have possibly been made to be forgiven, for your own sake.

Please let us know how things progress; I'm sending good, positive thoughts your way, along with big, understanding ((((HUGS))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Now I'm Furious!

Toonces,
Your right...I am sure it was just a mistake and I know I've made my share...I just hope this mistake doesnt cost me my surgery date and 6 weeks of no income! I am planning on going to my doctors in the morning if I do not hear back from the nurse just to make sure she calls the insurance company...I hate to think that they will not approve it, but my luck has not been real good lately! Its just so discouraging!! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!
Unread 04-11-2002, 04:07 PM
good grief!

Thank heavens you double checked. I think that the person in the office you miss-informed you needs to know she blew it. She will never let that happen again. Speak only with the office manager in person and if you can not get your surgery done as scheduled make sure your surgeon knows why.

You have a good point to make...everybody needs to confirm. Just so sorry it fell on you. Let's hope they can move fast and get you taken care of. Best wishes,
Maralyn
Unread 04-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Now I'm Furious!

When a surgery has been approved by an HMO, they give the doctor's office an approval number. Ask the nurse for the number so that you will have it later if the insurance company gives you any problem.
Unread 04-15-2002, 01:01 AM
Now I'm Furious!

More phone calls? Sounds like it's time for personal visits.

My first surgery in January was denied by my insurance company -- 2 days ahead of time. They said I wasn't covered. Funny -- they'd been taking my money for several months.

Personal visits. They aren't used to customers coming into their offices and sitting there until it all gets worked out. Helps a lot. I got confirmation of insurance coverage and authorization in 24 hours.

Letters. Time is past for simple conversations. Is the nurse mistaken? making it up? outright lying? Back up your understanding of what she has told you with a letter. Deliver it in person. Make sure it includes a paragraph that if it turns out the doctor's office/nurse did not get the authorization, that you will expect them to pick up all costs.

Use the magic word. Please. Works wonders.
Unread 04-15-2002, 04:22 AM
Now I'm Furious!

Dear MJM,

Just wanted to say that I hope this all turns out for you! Keep us posted as to what is happening...I most definately report this to your DR's office manager, to ensure that a "mistake" like this does not happen again! I am sure gald we don't have to deal with insurance companies here in Alberta!

Thoughts are with you!
Unread 04-15-2002, 05:03 AM
Now I'm Furious!

I hope you have the nurses name so you can report her, but like everyone else says, go right in there and say something.

I had a scare last week with one of the nurses in my doctors office, she told me the doctor was taking everything out, ovaries and all, and I told her that a TAH is just the cervix and uterus, but she insisted everything.

Well this was new to me, and I thought that there was something else wrong that the doctor didn't tell me, I was in tears and scared. I waited a while and called back and talked with the nurse I have been talking to and she pulled my file and read my report and told me no, a TAH is just the cervix and uterus,and when the doctor came in she would double check with him and call me back. She did and did call me back. I felt so much better.

Thanks so much for this site and eveyone on it that I was educated on the different surgeries. When I see my doctor on Friday I am going to let him know what happened.

Hang in there things always work out!

archide

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register