TVH/kept ovaries-3 Weeks Out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH/kept ovaries-3 Weeks Out TVH/kept ovaries-3 Weeks Out

Unread 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
TVH/kept ovaries-3 Weeks Out

Dear Fellow Sisters,

Well, this is one group I never wanted to join! At any rate, here I am. I wanted to first of all thank all of you for all your posts and encouraging words. I have learned so much here! I am 38 years old and have a wonderful DH and 3 beautiful kiddos. I had my tubes tied 7 years ago after my 3rd child was born. I obviously did not want anymore children, but I, like so many other sisters feel so sad that my uterus is gone! I did not expect to feel the range of emotions I have felt. I was in the castle for 2 nights and after reading so many other posts, I am lucky to have gotten to stay so long. Surgery was for cervical dysplasia on a very large area, family history of cancer and heavy periods. I am sure that when I am completely healed that I will be happy that I will never again have a period! Woo hoo!!!! I too had a catheter overnight. I did not have a morphine pump because they found out in the recovery room that I was allergic to morphine. They put it in my iv and my vein turned to stone and my arm was all red. They had to give me Benadryl immediately after, so back to the twilight zone I went! Tomorrow morning will be 3 weeks and I feeling much better than I ever expected to feel. I can honestly say that the bloated belly and gas build-up was the worst part of all of it. I am still trying to take it easy so I do not undo anything! The BEST part of all of this is I quit smoking!!!! I had been wanting to quit for a very long time and I thought , "Heck, I haven't had one in 3 days (during the hospital stay), why have one now?" It has been 20 days and I am so proud of myself. I was not a heavy smoker because I was a closet-smoker (kids did not know.) Anyway, that is probably the best unexpected gift I could have received. Thank you all again for sharing.
PrincessFeather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Re: TVH/kept ovaries-3 Weeks Out

Hi

First, Congratulations for your success in kicking the smoking habit!! What a great way to begin the best years of your life.

Second, I have seen many women post here concerning their unexpected sadness over losing their uterus. You are not alone. You can look through the other threads in this forum to see how others are getting through these feelings.

Keep taking it easy, getting as much rest as you can, and drinking lots and lots of water. You can still overdo and cause problems, so don't make a common mistake and think you must be healed because you feel good. The reason you feel good, is because you have been behaving, so keep it up

I hope you continue to heal well.

Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register