I hate this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-23-2004, 10:58 PM
I hate this

Okay i started my period on the 7th of this month and it lasted until the 16th when I went to the doctor on the 18th and he did an pelvic he said that there was still blood present. Well today me and the family were at walmart and my tummy was hurting so I went to the bathroom and guess what there it was again. I am so sick of all of this bleeding. I spend about 50.00 a month on pad's and tampons. Any one else have this happen to them much? I can not wait to get rid of aunt flo I want a divorce from her she is not a nice person at all. Aug 9th will never get here. I told my husband that I want to have a going away party he thinks that I am strange. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 11:02 PM
I hate this

Hi there,

The same thing has happened to me. I feel like I am going to get a diaper rash, lol!!!

Aunt Flo leaves here August 12th. It won't come too soon!

Hang in there. We are almost done with her.

Sherri
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:06 AM
I hate this

Hang in there ladies..it will be over soon! i am 2 weeks post op and for the first time in my life wearing nothing but a panty liner for the post op discharge, which has almost stopped. this is the best! good luck to you both
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2004, 06:59 AM
I hate this

Hi, you don't sound strange to me
I've read here that a lot of ladies actually DO have a tampon burning party right before their surgery. Really though, a nicer idea is to donate the unused items to a women's shelter or something similiar.
Pass your time waiting thinking of ways that you can use that extra $50 a month once you won't need the pads and tampons

Best wishes.

s
Unread 06-24-2004, 07:09 AM
I hate this

I hear you ladies. Your not weird..My sister and I actually are having a going away party..There is a salon in my area that worked a deal for us the night before surgery we've booked the salon they took a max of 4 people ...Its 100.00 per person and it includes 30 minute massage, 30 minute facial drinks and snacks... We thought it would be fun and relaxing for me i'll have to for go snacks but ,,,,I've paid alot more for just one service so its well worth it........
Unread 06-24-2004, 08:10 AM
I hate this

Hi,

I know exactly what you mean!!! The year I had my surgery, I skipped a period totally in December and thought that was just great! Silly me. It starting on January 3 and I bled almost non-stop until I had my surgery in May! I was so anemic from blood loss that I could barely function.

But you know what. Aunt Flo went into the OR with me, and I left the ol' gal on the table. Never a drop since and it's been two year now!

Hang in there. You'll be on the "better" side soon!

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-24-2004, 08:34 AM
I hate this

I am in the same boat! I got my surgery date about 6 weeks ago. I got my period a few days later and it stayed it's normal 12 days. After that I thought...only one more to go.

But, Aunt Flo is a sick and demented *****! She came back 3 days later and has been here every since! I have 2 weeks to go and it is awful.

Not to gross any of you out, but this morning, I got up, went into the bathroom and as I was leaning over to turn on the shower, I left a trail of blood on the bathroom floor! Yuck!!!

Hang in there all of you...the end is in sight and we have to try to concentrate on the good that is to come...although, some days it ain't easy!

Susan
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:41 PM
I hate this

Thanks everyone I will be so glad when it is all over and done with. My husband bought us a new bed 3 months ago and when they brought it out I asked them to not take the plastic off the guys that brought it out thought that I was crazy but left it on. I didn't want to tell them that it was because I did not want to have blood all over it. But some day soon I will be able to take the plastic off and it will be better. IT has got to be better on the other side of this life.
Unread 06-24-2004, 01:36 PM
I hate this

i bled for 7 months almost without a break. i remember high-fiving my fella when i went three or four days in a row without bleeding. it was ridiculous. i was so anemic i could hardly do anything and i was tired all the time anyway.

i cried on several occasions of "accidents" no matter how many products i had or how often i re-inserted and put new pads on and still was too heavy to keep up. or those days it seems okay then suddenly GUSH.

oh, i hear you, lady!

my girls at work were going to throw me a PANTY PARTY. each person would bring a new pair of pretty panties for after, when i wouldn't have to worry about ruining them since all of my old ones are wrecked. i was too tired and sick before for the party, but they sent panty care packages anyway and plan to throw a party for me in JULY. my one friend who had already had a TAH sent white cotton panties. white. i can't wait!

feeling so much better already.

good luck, peace and wellness,
Unread 06-24-2004, 04:12 PM
I hate this

LOL a panty party that is so cool

I have to tell this story about my very best friend she had her's done in dec 2 years ago at the age of 29. The doctor did not tell her much about after her surgery and she did not know that she would be bleeding afterwards. Well when she came out of surgery I was there to push her button for her so that she would not be in pain and a male nurse came in to check up on her and I was telling him how she was doing when all of a sudden she woke up and started yelling WHY AM I BLEEDING?? Then she tell's everyone I JUST BOUGHT NEW PANTYS and I AM BLEEDING NOW I CAN'T WEAR MY NEW PANTYS I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO BLEED ANY MORE!!!!!! I was trying to calm her down but she was so upset. We laugh about it now and when she found out when my surgery date was she said okay don't buy any new panty's you can't wear them home. LOL we just laughed about it. My best friend is going to be there to return the favor for me and push my button for me as well she is the greatest friend I have ever had.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register