I Fell Down Last Night!!!! Owieee! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Fell Down Last Night!!!! Owieee! I Fell Down Last Night!!!! Owieee!

Unread 07-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I Fell Down Last Night!!!! Owieee!

Ok, I am an idiot! I have been stuck in this day 1 restrictions post op for 4 months now and I have read post in the past about sisters falling after surgery. I have always feared this and thought I was be careful.
Well guess what 1 week and a half out from my cuff repair surgery,I fell! I put my purse beside my bed and then said to myself,I better move this cause I know I will trip on it,so I move it over to the foot of the bed,thinking I was safe. Well I got up to go sleep on couch because of dh snoring so loud,sounded like a large boat motor,I could of swore a large prop was headed towards my head,ha ha! Anyway on my out,yes I triped over my purse that I thought I moved to a safe spot ! I did feel pain,but no blood. Then my dh,had the nerve to act like I bothered him for waking him up from my fall. Oh boy,I let him have it,I said well I would not have fallen if I was not having to leave the room due to you,you snoring ******* !<admin note: please don't override the censor.> He just laughed and went straight back to sleep. Well I was hurting some and scared I damaged cuff repair,I kept checking for blood every five minuets,there was none. Today I called dr,she said she did not think I did any damage since no blood,but stay in bed and do not move today,and if pain gets worse in 24 hrs to come in and be seen. Well I am better,not anymore pain than before. Thank Goodness! Well I guess I will take a nap now,seeing how dh created havoc for me last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2006, 04:40 PM

im sorry to hear you fell..men are so insensitive..but if he stubbed his toe he would wake you up to look at it..right... im glad you feel ok..but id say try to continue to rest for a few days just to be sure..and if you see or feel something strange call your doctor right away...good luck
Unread 07-17-2006, 04:51 PM

So sorry to hear that you fell - just keep resting and I'll keep you in my prayers that all is well. I totally understand about the snoring keeping you awake. Had that to deal with last 2 nights along with the air conditioner noise = not much sleep. looking into getting earplugs.

Take care and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2006, 07:20 PM

sorry you fell. next time he's ill and crying like a baby (just assuming all of our dh's do that!) ignore him!
get better soon
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:55 PM

I know if it is anything pertaing to something happening to men they either go overboard and want you to call 911,or they under react and nearly die! There is no normal in the middle. Thank God for balanced hormones or I think women would be crazy!
Unread 07-17-2006, 11:24 PM

So sorry you fell. Here's hoping no damage happened and that you are pain free soon.
Unread 07-18-2006, 12:01 AM

Yea,I do not hardly hurt anymore. I think it scared me more than it hurt me. I think my pain is still from cuff repair done 7/5 and does seem to get better alittle each day. I even cooked fajitas tonight without pain,prior to my surgery I would be in tears before I could even eat what I cooked. I was happy about that. I am also one of those grocery shoppers you hear about that can get 1000.00 worth of groceries all for about 75.00 max out of pocket with coupons,I have been in several books about my bargins,even my 9 yr old dd has too,anyway point being I have missed alot of sales and my stock piles are running low and since I am starting to feel better,I am getting ready to get back into the game!!! Dh made me some shelves tonight for a closet I use for my stock piles,oh I can't wait!! I get so much free stuff,the manager at the store tells me sometimes I am barred for a day or 2 from the sale to give others a chance at items.I just go to another store and continue. During triple coupon sales,usually last 3 days,fri-sun,I start at 8am till 1am all 3 days. I also give boxes to food banks,churches and needy families. I Am so ready to go again,it has been 4 months now,I think I am more excited about resuming my couponing than I am about resuming sex with dh,ha ha! Thanks for listening.
Unread 07-18-2006, 10:37 AM

I am lol because I am the person who cuts coupons and then goes shopping and leaves all the coupons at home. Really helpful, huh? Anyhow, I LOVE to shop. I only have the stamina for one store at a time, so I've been to Target to get my fix. I'm not ready to be walking the malls yet. I am anxious to go to the Mall of America and Ikea, but will wait until I can enjoy it.
Unread 07-18-2006, 11:50 AM

Oh dawn! You poor thing. You just can't seem to catch a break. My biggest fear during recovery was tripping over the cat. The darn guy is always underfoot. I'm glad to hear that you seem to have suffered no ill effects.
I can totally relate to sleeping next to a chainsaw at night. There have been nights were I just wanted to stuff that pillow down his throat... Maybe that would muffle some of the noise he makes! I know, I'm horrible, but it's that very rich fantasy life that keeps me sane when I've been laying awake in bed, with headphones on and the radio blasting, for two hours and the urge to commit some foul act upon my husband is almost more than I can bear. <Sigh> If I didn't love him so much he would have been dead long, long ago.
Here's to hoping that you have a completely uneventful recovery from her on out.
Unread 07-18-2006, 08:35 PM

To all with snoring husbands:

Earplugs are easy to get used to when you are sleeping! They are one of the best inventions ever! (And who knew they might even keep us from killing ourselves or others in the middle of the night!!!) Three cheers for the earplug inventor!

Blessings,
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register