This Bowel Prep is for the birds!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This Bowel Prep is for the birds!!!! This Bowel Prep is for the birds!!!!

Unread 05-08-2011, 04:05 PM
This Bowel Prep is for the birds!!!!

So I wake up this morning hungry, but it's Bowel Prep Day for me I can smell the delicious Pork Roast with honey glaze, the deviled eggs and other fixings that are being made for Mother's day dinner for my Mother-in-law...me, some good ole chicken broth, maybe a jello lol

I leave for the Castle at 4:30 am, have to be there by 5am...then surgery at 7:30. So I guess the good thing is the surgery is early so hunger won't haunt me tomorrow for too long. I am slightly nervous, for the obvious reason, it's a surgery...but overall I'm ready to get this done and more ready to EAT EAT EAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Re: This Bowel Prep is for the birds!!!!

I'm getting admitted, 12 noon, the day before my surgery, so most of my bowel prep will be in a hospital room, where I will be smelling.... well, who KNOWS what!

I'm not sure which is worse.

But if I were you, I would demand the same meal to be prepared, in a few weeks time, when you're up to eating!
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:42 PM

I too am in the midst of a bowel prep but for some reason mine hasn't kicked in yet. Drank a bottle of magnesium calcitrate (I think that's what it is called) at 3 PM. Here is it 6:40 PM and NOTHING has happened yet. I was able to eat up until 3 PM so I made sure to eat light foods yet enough to feel full. If there is one thing I hate to feel is STARVING! Had to go through this with my colonoscopy a few years ago and it was the absolute pits! But, we will get through this! Tomorrow will go by quickly and before ya know it, we'll be in the mood to eat something yummy. I have a Little Debbie peanut butter bar ready and waiting in my hospital bag!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM

I would have asked to have the meal prepared else where I know it's Mother's Day and all but geesh. I have a liquid diet like you drink the mag citrate at 1pm then surgery is not until 1pm the following day. I will be starving and cranky for sure! Good luck tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register