Sept 17th hysterectomy. Nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sept 17th hysterectomy.  Nervous Sept 17th hysterectomy. Nervous

Unread 09-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Re: Sept 17th hysterectomy. Who else is nervous?

Well, I just found this site today, but i, too, am having surgery on 9/17. I haven't gotten too nervous yet, but as time gets closer, I'm sure I will. My biggest worry right now is...what to pack??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2014, 02:43 PM

I spoke with the nurse today. She recommended that I pack light as they'll be keeping me in a hospital gown during the stay. I am bringing my pillow, a set of comfy clothes, my makeup ( it makes me feel better and less "sick"), my phone, and an abdominal support wrap just in case. Good luck to you...I will pray for a successful surgery and quick recovery to you!
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:02 AM

I'm also scheduled on 09/17 for LAVH... I've been miserable the past couple weeks with my symptoms (stupid fibroids) but now that it's so close I'm a nervous wreck! I'm the one who takes care of everyone when they're sick... not used to letting someone take care of me me being such a control freak isn't helping my anxiety at all, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2014, 08:24 AM

I am nervous also. I saw my doctor on 9-8 for the results of my ultrasound and it was confirmed that I need one. On 9-11 I got the call that my surgery was scheduled on 9-26. I wasn't expecting it to be that soon.
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Sept 17th hysterectomy. Nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca32385 View Post
My surgery is on the 16th. I am a complete wreck. My doctor had me on a very strong dose of birth control and provera to stop the uncontrollable bleeding but he had me stop it a few days ago because of the upcoming surgery. Now my ovaries are losing their mind which makes me even more of a wreck! Hang in there! It'll be over before you know it. (Now if I could just convince myself of that.).
Can I ask why your dr stopped your birth control? I'm just wondering because I'm on bc for my bleeding as well and my dr hasn't informed me to stop mine. I go in on the 17th for my hysterectomy.
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:20 AM

deleted
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:21 AM

My surgery is on the 17th as well. Although I know this is probably the best thing for me, I am ridiculously nervous. I just want these next few days to go by so I don't have to sit here and think about it.
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:27 AM

I think it's great to have this site because we're all going through the same thing or have been through it. I think it's always harder when mom is the one who is down because we tend to be the primary caregivers. I am trying to let my control go and accept help. My very good friend reminded me that I would help others without a second thought so it's perfectly ok to accept help in return.

Good luck to all of us who have upcoming dates. Soon, we'll be the ones on here telling others not to worry as we've been through it!
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:37 AM

deleted
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:08 PM

I am also on Sept 17. I am fairly nervous too. We just have to keep reminding ourselves why we are doing this. It is totally understandable to be afraid of not being there for our kids. But at the same time, our feeling better will be better for everyone. I am also a control freak as someone stated. I am the caretaker and being useless will be hard. So nice to know that there are so many of you on the same day. Best of luck to us all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register