10 days and adding possible tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days and adding possible tummy tuck 10 days and adding possible tummy tuck

Unread 11-08-2004, 11:42 AM
10 days and adding possible tummy tuck

Oh My!!!!
I really am getting a little nervous now. I had a student call and tell me they would not be coming this next Thursday and panic hit me!!!! Next Thursday is the day. Blood Pressure has shot up and is now being managed my meds. Doc also prescribed Xanax, but I havn't filled it. I'm not sure my panic is at that stage yet.

Then, out of the blue, my doctor (himself) calls to ask if we had talked about tummy tuck with hyst and I said no. He was recommending it and asked if it would be a problem if it changed my date.

YES!!! - I said. My life is arranged around this date. As are the lives of 27 students and many family members. So he said they would see what they could do and call today- Monday. I don't know. I don't know about the whole tummy tuck thing at all. I havn't lost weight yet- if anything have gained it for the last several months being depressed about being in pain and bleeding and no sex life w/DH... you all know the drill.

Anyway- I know this email sounds random--- but just looking for any insight and comfort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2004, 01:40 PM

so you don't get lost to the next page, s for the comfort.

Here in the UK they don't offer tummy tucks as part of the Op as a norm, so I don't know any info on this side, sorry.
Unread 11-08-2004, 01:44 PM

Just letting you know we're all there with you!

I'm trying to remember when it finally hit me that I was really having this done. I think it was about at the stage you're at when I could no longer schedule meetings, etc. at work because I wouldn't be here...... yikes. Now that all seems so long ago.

Just try to focus on the future. Not the immediate post-op future, because those first 24-48 hours might really suck...... or they might not. Concentrate instead on how you're gonna feel by New Year's -- you'll be like a new woman!!! That's what I did.

I'm feeling better all the time now. My post-op twinges are getting less. I still swell a little when I am very active (although I don't feel like I "overdo" as much as I did even a week ago). My major complaint other than some aches and pains is that much of the incision area is either really itchy (healing) or completely numb because the nerves are still healing.

Go to www.tuckthattummy.com for some more guidance on the tummy tuck. I had a panniculectomy, which is different than a tt, but in the same family of surgeries. Just be aware that you may not get insurance coverage for that part of the procedure!!! I had to pay big bucks for my procedure, and they didn't even take off that much fat.

Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi there

I am 14 days pre-op and it hit me last week - my whole family are arranging their schedules around all of this as well - even my mom has changed her standing hair appointment so she can be there - that women doesn't change her hair appt for anyone or anything - ha ha - seems you have a great support - and think of this - 4 months from now you will talking about this in the pastense - Prayers to you Sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register