Help!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-16-2001, 10:00 AM
Help!!!!!

Hi all!! Brand new here. Am scheduled for TAH on October 26. Only 10 days to go. Problem is, my original surgery date was Feb. 6, 2002. An opening just came up and doc wants me in it. I'm in panic mode now because I had it in mind that I had some time to plan and think of all the questions I needed to ask and now I don't think I have the time I need. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I don't have to wait, but.....I'm not quite sure what to do next. DH says all will work out and I have lots of support, but.........you know?Any thoughts? What should I worry about and what should I say to heck with? I'm 2 hours away from my doctor with only one visit planned before surgery now. Thanks for letting me vent. This is a great site. Very glad I found it.

"Corrine"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2001, 10:14 AM
Help!!!!!

Hi Corrine:

I am kind of in envy of you. I am scheduled for a TAH/BSO on 10/23 but have known about it for ten weeks. That is much too long to have to wait and think. I wish I had only known for a short time.

Anyway, here is my advise:

1. Keep on this site & read everything you can. By doing that you will come up with all sorts of hints, questions to ask, and more.

2. When you think of something to ask the doc, write it down, no matter how silly or insignificant you think it is.

3. Relax as much as you can, but keep busy as it helps pass the time.

4. If you think it can wait to get done until after you are up and around, don't do it - it will only stress you out more trying to get everything done.

5. And once again, keep coming back to this site for support!!!

Many hugs and prays!!!
Unread 10-16-2001, 10:25 AM
Nothing to it!

Hi Corrine,
I had a TAH/BSO on July 24th. The surgery went well. The hard thing is recovery. You must learn to relax and rest afterwards. That is the secret in controlling your pain. The more rest you allow yourself the less pain.
I found that I kept myself busy through recovery by keeping a journal, reading some very good books and listening to good music. They were my relaxers. Plus I allowed my family to treat me like a queen. I wish you the best of luck and keep with the sight. Hyster Sisters is a lifesaver. Keep looking forward to the procedure because that way your mind will be ready for a quick and easy recovery. Best of Luck! Rebecca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2001, 12:44 PM
Help!!!!!

I had my surgery on August 29 and feel great. I also did not know what to ask. There are drop down boxes on the main page of this web site. The best ones were what questions to ask your doctors and what to bring to the hospital. I printed the questions and my Doctor wrote the answers to each question on the printed sheet! What to bring to the hospital was fantastic. I brought everything on the list and used most of the items.

The worst part was the un-known and the waiting. I have not felt this great since my early 20's. Very glad I had the surgery. Good Luck.
Unread 10-16-2001, 05:34 PM
Help!!!!!

Thankyou!! I've already printed some stuff from the drop down boxes on the main page. I have a feeling this site will be invaluable to me in the next 10 days as well as after my surgery. Thanks for the luck, hugs and prayers.
Corrine
Unread 10-16-2001, 06:10 PM
Albertan as well

Hi Doreen,
I am from Alberta as well, where are you from? I am from north of Grande Prairie.
I am a as well, I do not have my date yet but I do know it will probably be in the spring.
Feel free to write to me, its nice to see someone close to home on here. Like you probably have seen already the sisters here are awsome, they have answered so many of my questions no matter how silly they may seem to me.
SEnding you many cyber 's and wishing you best wishes for your surgery and a speedy recovery.
Unread 10-16-2001, 06:23 PM
Help!!!!!

Hi Denise and thanks. I live east of Camrose. Having surgery in Edmonton. It is nice seeing someone close to home here, though everyone has been great! (Considering I only found this site this afternoon!) Thanks for the hugs!! I hope all goes well with you too.
Corrine
Unread 10-16-2001, 06:31 PM
Help!!!!!

Hi Corrine and welcome!

I have to say I love your username...from Willow??? LOVE that movie!!!

You've already found the Pull Down menus...that's a great place to begin! Those lists and questions really got me on the right track. Believe me, the wait you have is just about right...you have a little time to get organized, and not enough time to REALLY freak yourself out.

The most important things are to have your house relatively clean, stock up on good, easy to prepare things to eat and drink, lay in some good videos and books and CDs, and get some loose, comfy clothes for laying around in.

The hospital lists here are very helpful...don't forget your chapstick and your tummy pillow!!!

Keep reading and posting, and maybe stop by Chat in the evenings for some realtime hugs and support. GREAT ladies there!

Stick with us and we'll all help you get through this!!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register