blood clot or am I overreacting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

blood clot or am I overreacting? blood clot or am I overreacting?

Unread 10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
blood clot or am I over reacting?

Hey sisters!
I am not sure if I am over reacting or if it is something else, but I am a tad worried.
Please let me know what you think...

Had surgery (not hyst...colon removal due to excessive endo from hyst) last week and the past few days I have been experiencing some strange symptoms...

light headed, last night I was driving and I almost passed out ... started sweating and fingers got tingly and lips went numb, couldnt see out of my right eye , so I pulle dover until I could see...
Then the past few days I get theis extreemly sharp pain in my side by my left rib cage that completely takes my breath away and is so shrp it makes me feel like I want to colapse.
Today I was so exhausted that I had to come home and I dont even remember hitting the pillow and slept for 4 hours without even budging, when I woke up I could have fallen back to sleep.

Should I be concerned? I am so sick of Doctors that I am trying to limit going in.

Please let me know if you think I am over reacting and that I am just worn out.

Thank you so much!

Jabs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
blood clot or am I overreacting?

I don't think your over reacting at all, call your doctor!!! I don't know if it is a blood clot or not, but I have had some of those syptoms when my blood pressure would get to high or to low.
You hired your doctor to do a job, now let him/her.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

If your pain is that bad maybe you should go to the ER. Keep me posted please!
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:25 PM

Hi jabbers,

I agree with tanner...it doesn't sound right to me. Please at least call your doctor's office. There should be an on-call doctor I imagine, that can return your call. It seems the extreme fatigue might be expected, but the other symtoms sound troubling. Let us know what you find out! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 08:35 PM

Thank you both...I am just worried and feel stupid and my hubby thinks itsjust an infection...we shall see...I will go in tomorrow...just needed the boost I guess!

Thank you!

Jabs
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Hi again

Thanks for letting us know. I think it's really smart to have your doctor make sure everything is ok! Let us know how it goes. Sending best wishes!

Unread 10-26-2005, 09:13 PM

I would RUN to an emergency ward just in case!! Blessings, Canabama
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:16 PM

i know this sounds stupid, but I feel like an idiot for thinking there is something wrong...and I would feel stupid sitting in the er and having them tell me it is all in my head...

I will think about it...or maybe call the dr right now
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:17 PM

I'm no health care professional but after all you have been through what is a little embarassment if you are wrong versus the alternative if there is a problem......
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Then the past few days I get theis extreemly sharp pain in my side by my left rib cage that completely takes my breath away and is so shrp it makes me feel like I want to colapse.
By all means contact your doctor or go to the ER as soon as possible. Pain that takes your breath away, especially in the location you mention, is something that you need to have checked out by a doctor. And if it's nothing, don't feel stupid. It's always better to err on the side of caution, especially where a blood clot is possible.
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:47 PM

Hi again

I agree with the others...when you said you'd go in tomorrow, I thought you'd already spoken with the doctor, and made an appt to go in tomorrow. If you don't want to deal with ER, at least call your doctor's office and speak with someone tonight. I really doubt that the pain is in your head! If you are in unexpected, unexplained pain, it really makes sense to talk to someone soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register