yeast infection? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

yeast infection? yeast infection?

Unread 12-28-2009, 09:14 AM
yeast infection?

Anyone get a yeast infection? And did your Dr. let you use something? 20 days post op. Waiting for Dr to call back. Thought about just getting something but didn't know about if I could due to using it vaginally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Re: yeast infection?

i am pretty much 100% certain i have one too but felt the same way you do... i have an appt tomorrow with my dr to "confirm" if it is a yeast infection and what i can take/use.... good luck..
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Get yourself some Kieffer (spelling may be wrong) But its better then yogurt, its like a thin yogurt. Eat lots of that if you cant get in touch with your doc. I also had a yeast infection right after surgery, it sucked big time. I just called them and they sent something to the pharm for me though. It was Fluconazole 150 mg, I took one and waited a few days and the nurse said that if it hadnt cleared up by then take another one. I only have to take two doses it worked like a charm. Maybe suggest that to your doc. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2009, 11:29 PM

Thanks guys. They never called back yesterday. Will try again today. Love my doctor. Support staff not so much. Its a group practice and they act like they have the golden key to the doctors. They decide what is important and what is not. My doctor has always called me personally about any tests that he decided he wanted ran and w the results himself. When I can talk to him he always takes as much time as I need to understand. Even in the office he had never rushed me even when the nurses make a point of telling you how behind they are and how quick they need to get things going. Maybe I just need to insist on talking to him. And let him know that its difficult to get a call back from the nurse. Or maybe call my GP and make sure they understand that I just had a hysterectomy. Sorry guys just had to vent. Love my doctor, just frustrated right now. Going to try the one stuff too cause I hate yogurt. Maybe that won't be as bad. Thanks for listening.
Unread 12-29-2009, 04:01 PM

Unless you have been released to insert anything vaginally don't try any over the counter meds that you might normally use. I had various infections and had Flagyl and DiFlucan prescribed by Drs at various times.

Definitely tell them you just had surgery!

G.
Unread 12-30-2009, 02:42 AM

Diflucan (oral) worked wonderfully for me. I only had to take one of them. Sending hugs and healing thoughts.
Unread 12-30-2009, 05:25 AM

Every time I take antibiotics I get a yeast infection, diflucan is great. Why mess w/ all those creams and that whole mess, take one pill and gone! It's great. Sorry you are dealing w/ that, those things are awful. Wishing you well.
Unread 12-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Thanks guys. Finally heard from the nurse. Two days later. She thinks it may not be a yeast infection because of the type of discharge and the odor. Dr will be in this afternoon and she will see if he wants me to come in. The thing is now I'm having bad cramps. I know various pains are part of the healing. But I will be very upset if whatever infection it is was allowed to spread because she took two days to call me. Of course it could actually be a reg yeast infection and I'm over reacting. Everyone have a good day.
Unread 12-30-2009, 10:55 AM

Depending on the odor it could be bacterial infection. I had both kinds.

good luck

G.
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:30 AM

They called in diflucan so hopefully it will feel better soon. Thank you so much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register