Did way too much this weekend - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did way too much this weekend Did way too much this weekend

Unread 04-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Did way too much this weekend

Thank you for the info! I hate to go to the doc anyway and this just makes it worse. I am so thankful that I have a desk job to go back to. I have worked in a factory before and have read several posts where they are returning to a factory job. My heart and prayers really go out to anyone that has a physical job to return to.

I also have steri-strips on my incision that have not come off yet. Tomorrow will be two weeks since my surgery. Should they be coming off yet? Should I take them off myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 09:08 AM

I was told to let them fall off by themsleves but mine all peeled off over the weekend, they weren't even on for a week. My incision looks great though.
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:12 AM

Well mine are on there like glue! They have even barely peeled up from the ends at all. I guess I'll just leave them and let the doctor take them off when I see her this weekend. I wanted to start putting lavender oil and vitamin E oil on there when they came off. I was told that would help with the scarring.
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:13 AM

Nellienel, They didn't do a urinalysis but last sat I had very cloudy foul smelling urine and keep feeling like I have to pee all the time which are classic signs of an infection. I am comfortable with this because I have worked in the medical field for many years and while I have never had a bladder or UTI before I have tested many urine samples and the ones with the infections always had that same smell and cloudy appearence. If I though that it might be something else I would have insisted but the doctor that called in the macrobid said that it sometimes doesn't work and that if my symptoms didn't improve or returned to call them My question is why didn't he give something that they know works.
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:15 AM

I am using calendula ointment and another cream with balsa peru in it. Both are supposed to help with healing and inflammation
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the response, Cosmicchick. Makes sense. Don't know if others that have posted about the quick antibiotic prescribing had the same symptoms you described. Just sort of surprised me that no testing was mentioned for them. I'm sorry you now have to go thru another course of antibiotics, and yeah, I'd be asking the same question as you - why not Keflex the first time? Hope this one helps you. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register