What is your HRT choice? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is your HRT choice? What is your HRT choice?

Unread 10-04-2006, 12:21 PM
What is your HRT choice?

Now that surgery is over and done, i was curious as to what HRT everyone plans on using, and your reason for choosing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
What is your HRT choice?

I did not choose mine, the doc put me on Climara and when it would not stay in place she put me on Cenestin. I have been on it for 5 weeks and it seems to be working.
Unread 10-04-2006, 02:29 PM
What is your HRT choice?

My Dr put me on EstroGel - it is a gel that rub onto my outer arms each evening. By putting in on the arms, it gets absorbed but doesn't pass through the liver so it is supposed to be good - I have been looking/searching for others that have been using it that would provide me with feed back. I have had no side affects yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 03:17 PM
What is your HRT choice?

Hi, I have chosen NO hrt. I just don't trust them...my opinion ...that's not saying it isn't good for others..this is only my opinion and choice. I look at it this way..you're at risk for more health problems to take them and also not take them...so really I feel why put that in my system. I have started citrical with Vit. D and feel that will be all I need along with healthy eating and exercise (when I am able post surgery again). I take a multivitamin also daily and magnesium to help better absorb the calcium.

An interesting thing....I have been going through perimeno for a few years now. Well for a while now I have been moody, HOT all day long and bad night sweats..but I decided long before I knew I'd need a hyster to go it natural.........well, now since surgery I have have now no more hot sweats , no more night sweats and am not as moody.........what is with that???? I had my ovaries removed too. I am actually now on the cooler side...and ohhhhh it feel sooo good lol. Even hubby asked me he thought after having my ovaries removed I'd be worse, but is surprised I am better....I am almost afraid that it will hit me big time here lol.

sorry I rambled..geez..you only wanted to know which form of hrt LOL. Thanks if you read this far..lol.

You will know what is right for you. Do your research and ask. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Hugs, love and prayers!
Unread 10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
What is your HRT choice?

I didn't really discuss it with my doc because I had hopes my ovaries might me saved until the last minute. The doc put a Climara patch on me in the hospital and sent me home with a Vivelle Dot prescription. He said to see how I like it and we'll discuss it on my two week check up.

If the patch works well that would be good because I'm forgetful about taking pills but I'd love something that has a cheaper copay. I'm not thrilled that Vivelle is the top of my copay amount.
Unread 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM
What is your HRT choice?

Not on any HRT yet. Haven't had any significant menopausal symptoms. My doc said he believes in having people go with out and determining their specific symptoms to determine what will be best. For him HRT is used as a treatment. If you aren't having trouble, there is nothing to treat.
Unread 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
What is your HRT choice?

I agree with SisterAnger but my Dr prescribed me the EstroGel while I was in the hospital and I started to use it from the first day. I also would like to go the natural way but I made the decision to keep using the gel until I am better healed and the I will go off it and see what happens. If I don't have that many symptons, I won't use the gel but will go to the health store and buy natural products. While it says to use a pump each night, I am not using the full required amount as I don't want my system to get too used to it.
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:06 AM
What is your HRT choice?

I started off on estratest, but it made me very sick and after two hospital stays for pain, dehydration and nausea, my doctor took me off of it. He put me on plain estradiol pills 2 mgs twice a day and I am not having any problems with it. Found out that the estrogen derivative in estratest is the same as premarin, I absolutely can not take premarin.

I will probably get testosterone shots monthly(???)when I finally get released by my dr. to have sex again. He said that being as young as I am that I probably will miss the testosterone.

I will say that he wanted to put me on one of the patches, but I am allergic to the adhesive in bandaids, tapes, patches etc...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register