Embarassing- Having bowel incontinence(sp?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Embarassing- Having bowel incontinence(sp?) Embarassing- Having bowel incontinence(sp?)

Unread 04-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Embarassing- Having bowel incontinence(sp?)

ok so I am 7 days postop today and go in for check up tomorrow.But I had to ask you all-Did anyone else have bowel incontinence(sp?) after tah? I also had rectocele repair and bladder fixed oh and a hemmroidectomy. I cried yesterday b/c I went on myself b/c I coundn't get up fast enough. I had a sharp pain in rectum then I just went. Did it again today-just as I was going to sit on pot it just came. This is gross I know but it felt like it just fell out. No warning at all. I am so upset about this as I never had this happen before surgery.Dh was so great about it bless his heart he said its ok babe and cleaned me and it up. I feel so awful. Also I am bleeding a little ( not much) from where doc fixed episiotomy. I still have a cath in and am gettting it out tomorrow (supposed to anyway). My pain meds are not working well( Tylenol 3) and I am kinda scared to ask for a stronger med. I don't want to be treated like a druggie. I say this b/c Icalled pharmacy to get them to call doc for stronger med and he said to me well at 1 week post op you really shoudn,t need anything stronger-your acute pain is over. Want an @#$%^&. Sorry for the language but it really made me mad. Guess I should have just called doc myself but I figured I didn't want to bother him since I will see him tomorrow. Please help and let me know if any of you have this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2005, 01:53 PM

I did not have this problem, but I feel for you. I think all you can do is wait and talk to the doc. There are muscles inside your rectum called a sphincter that hold it in and let you knowyou have to go, maybe they are just numb from the surgery (I am guessing here, no real experience). But this sounds like a problem you should ask the doc.

As far as the pain goes, ASK YOUR DOCTOR for some stronger pain meds. It is obsurd for you to be in pain, no reason for it and most doctors would agree. You are not being a druggie, you just had major surgery, it hurts. You are just now up and getting around a little bit, so it is going to hurt more right now. Please tell your doctor your pain is not controlled.

Let us know how it goes at the doc tomorrow. And remember you are a

angie
Unread 04-21-2005, 02:41 PM

You did not mention if you are any stool softeners or taking laxatives. Due to constipation I have been taking alot of Colace which has added to the urgency issue. You need to advise DR, and may need to reduce dosage of meds if that is the problem.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

happyhyst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by happyhyst
You did not mention if you are any stool softeners or taking laxatives.
That's what I was wondering, that and your diet. I hope it all works out for you. And don't our dear DH's just make us want to do something for them....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register