Very unhappy with my docs nurse - UPDATED | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very unhappy with my docs nurse - UPDATED Very unhappy with my docs nurse - UPDATED

Unread 11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Very unhappy with my docs nurse - UPDATED

So I finally got ahold of someone today and got to ask them if I still had my ovaries. I talked to the nurse she said that yes I still do have my ovaries. And I told her that I was wondering because of the symptoms I was having, would indicate that my ovaries where either no long in there or they where either already shut down or maybe just havent woke back up yet. And she asked all snotty why I thought that and what symptoms was I having. I told her that I was having menopause symptoms and wanted to come in and get some test done. Her respone again in a snotty way was, "well let me see (as she let out a big sigh)" So she scheduled me in for next week. I really felt like I was annoying her because "I DONT FEEL RIGHT" I really wanted to yell at her but I didnt. My husband wants me to tell on her. But I just really cant do it. He said he would, but I know my husband I know that he would not do it in a nice way and I have to deal with these people he doesnt.
Has anyone else gotten this kind of treatment from there docs or nurses? And if so what did you do?
Another thing, the last time I saw doc he just automatically said I was suffering from depression, I will admit that I was suffering from PMDD which caused me to be depressed before my surgery. But this feels different, because not only am I depressed but I am suffering from hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, Heart pounding or racing, Skin flushing, Sleeping problems (insomnia), decreased response to sexual stimulation, FORGETFULNESS (this is a big problem), irritability, depression, and anxiety, and Irregular heartbeat just to name a few I told her that yes I suffered from depression before, but this is not just depression.
I mean come on lady anyone with a computer now adays can pretty much determine what is wrong with them, and then go to the doc to confirm and get treated. So it really irritates me that she is treating me like I am a child or a hypochondriac. I would just like to have a few little tests done to see if my ovaries are working. I mean really, see if I go to the docs office then the doc gets money and that means that this snotty nurse can get paid and continue to have a job, so shouldnt she be treating me a little nicer. I dont care if she doesnt like me, but I do feel like she should treat me like she does like me. Thanks for reading and any advice you might have. Sorry its kinda long, I just am not having a very good day today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Re: Very unhappy with my docs nurse

Lots of people both in and out of the Medical Profession descriminate with depression and also women's issues.
Unread 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM

Hey girlfriend!

I hear ya on this one!!!

I went to the ER last Friday with SEVERE abdominal cramping... it was bad... I felt like my vaginal cuff had torn and that my insides were gonna spill out of me everytime I stood up... Well I did see a reg. ER doc who was a sweetheart, but I had to see the GYN on call..

OK... this lady was a complete *****!!! She started by asking whart was wrong... she definitely thought I was ust colnstipated and LAUGHED at me!! I'm practically crying and this know it all snot is laughing at me... She wanted me to stop taking the Dilaudid (which is the ONLY thing that gets me thru the day) and wrote me a scipt for Tramadol... which I will not take because it interacts adversely with antidepressent meds... getting more depressed is all I need.

Well... then she does the pelvic exam, saying "This is the CLEANEST vAgina I have ever seen!" I was stunned... I went to the ER also to rule out a rec/vag fistula because I has a slight amt of stool in my vagina... AND the ER doc saw it... They did all kinds of bowel CT's to rule it out.

Anyways I asked this snot if she would do a swab of my vagina, so she did, i think... My dh said the she went about PULLING my stitches out too!! Are they supposed to do that? She said my cuff was completely healed..

So I call my drs office today to get the results of the vag swab... I'm really scared that I have this looming infection inside my abdomen./.. well, GUESS WHAT???? the vag swab was not on her report!!! HUH??????? I am soo honkerblonked about the whole thing I can't even tell you... I've been crying almost all day... I'm wondering if she just forgot to send the swab, or just threw it away.

So I have an appt w/MY doctor tomorrow Thank God... I hope to God she can tell me what is going on and help me! If SHE tells me nothing is wrong I don't know what I will do.

Thanks ladies... you are all angels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2009, 09:24 PM

Oh Hun that sucks big time. Yeah I have to suffer with these dang issues for another week, when all my doc had to do last week was a few extra test and then I could have started this week on some sort of meds besides anti-depressants that I am not so sure are really doing much. I would really like to go see another doc but there isnt really anyone else around here, thats kinda the reason why I picked this doc in the first place, I guess thats what I get, so now more suffering, cause now I am gonna have to wait for the test results, if he even does any. I know that my problems are not just me being depressed, I really think that my ovaries are not working, that they either are dead or they are just still on vaca. Where is other peoples compassion.
Oh yeah get this, so every time I go in and see the doc, even before my surgery, this stupid nurse asks me what kind of birth control am I using. HELLO I HAD MY TUBES DONE, and now HELLO I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY what kind of birth control do you think I am using. I mean come on read my chart before you walk in the room, and stop asking me the same question every time.
Ok Sorry I vented a little to long again thanks though
Chat atcha later
:HUG:
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:26 PM

IMO, only psychiatrists and psychologists are any good at diagnosing things like depression. If you are concerned about it, that is who I'd recommend seeing.

Some regular doctors are but only if they have done extensive study on it...

The nurses I've had in the hospital (post-op) are the worst ones I've had to deal with. I've not had problems with Dr.'s office personnel.
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTree View Post
IMO, only psychiatrists and psychologists are any good at diagnosing things like depression. If you are concerned about it, that is who I'd recommend seeing.

Some regular doctors are but only if they have done extensive study on it...

The nurses I've had in the hospital (post-op) are the worst ones I've had to deal with. I've not had problems with Dr.'s office personnel.
well thats good cause trust me its no fun having to deal with the extra stress. I hope your recovery is going well
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:46 PM

I had a situation with an office staff person a few months ago. It was awful. I did report her and the situation was resolved. The other situation was with a horrible nurse during my 2nd hospital stay. She was the controlling type and a very unhappy person. I did not let her near me. She argued and argued with me when I told her I have a colostomy and urostomy. She argued and said I only had a urostomy. (I think I know! I have 2 bags sweetheart!) She never bothered to read my chart and I refused to let her near me when she realized I was right, she wanted to look at my ostomies. I also have to dilate myself 2x a day with a dilator, she was insisting on watching me, sorry, but that is a humilating thing to do to yourself, you dont want an observer. No lie here, I threw my dilator at her and screamed for her to get out. I had had about enuff. If that nurse's behavior really upsets you, I would report it. I too was worried about tensions going back for follow ups after reporting this lady to another doctor (who took care of the situation). But the lady has been nothing but pleasant ever since. They should be nicer to us because we are what is called their paychecks. No us, no jobs, no paycheck.
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialwaysworry View Post
I had a situation with an office staff person a few months ago. It was awful. I did report her and the situation was resolved. The other situation was with a horrible nurse during my 2nd hospital stay. She was the controlling type and a very unhappy person. I did not let her near me. She argued and argued with me when I told her I have a colostomy and urostomy. She argued and said I only had a urostomy. (I think I know! I have 2 bags sweetheart!) She never bothered to read my chart and I refused to let her near me when she realized I was right, she wanted to look at my ostomies. I also have to dilate myself 2x a day with a dilator, she was insisting on watching me, sorry, but that is a humilating thing to do to yourself, you dont want an observer. No lie here, I threw my dilator at her and screamed for her to get out. I had had about enuff. If that nurse's behavior really upsets you, I would report it. I too was worried about tensions going back for follow ups after reporting this lady to another doctor (who took care of the situation). But the lady has been nothing but pleasant ever since. They should be nicer to us because we are what is called their paychecks. No us, no jobs, no paycheck.
OMG how funny. Well not funny but funny. I would have thrown something at her too. And thats right No us, No Jobs, No paychecks. She can fake liking me if she wants I dont care, just dont treat me like I am an idiot. Like my husband said the other night, I know my body better then anyone else, I know if there is something off. I just dont know how to fix it, thats kinda why those people go to school for all those years, to be able to fix people. LIKE ME SO DANG IT FIX ME, please and thank you
Unread 11-18-2009, 03:36 PM
I am so very frustrated with my docs office

So this morning I got woken up WAY to early by a ringing phone, it was my docs office with the nurse on the other end. I answered thinking that maybe they where gonna get me in sooner then next week to run some test to see where my levels are. Well I was in for a big surprise, the nurse proceeded to tell me that she was canceling my appointment at the doc request, and that I didnt need those tests done, and instead I was to UP my anti-depressants cause after all the only thing wrong with me is that "I AM DEPRESSED". Even though I am having other symptoms that would indicated that my ovaries are either not working or are struggling to work properly. WHAT THE HECK!!!! Why is it I have to jump through hoops and hurdles to get a few little blood tests done. Why wont anyone listen to me. I am not ONLY dpressed, I am having other menopause symptoms. So wooo hooo I get to start my day off crappy.
Well after my husband woke up I started to complain to him about this YET again. (I know he is getting annoyed with it but so am I) Well he is my hero today (even though he tickt me off last night) he called the doctors office and started chewing them out on my behalf. He told the only receptionist that actually is nice to me that the nurse and the other receptionist dont treat me very well. And that I am not just depressed. We are now waiting for a call back. If I dont get a call back this afternoon I am gonna go somewhere else for treatment, and that is what he told them.
I wouldnt be so frustrated if it werent for the fact that, one I dont like these anti-depressants and I already tried telling them that, and instead of switching me to something else I am being told to take MORE, two I dont think my only problem is depression, I have other symptoms besides being depressed.
How is it that some of you ladies just have to call your docs office and tell them what is going on and your docs call in a presciption for something to try out and see if it fixes your problem. Why cant I have a doc like that. My husband says its cause you ladies live in a place that has smart docs well lucky you, but this sucks for me.
Sorry this is so long but I really needed to vent. Another thing, my belly hurts today big time just thought I would share
Unread 11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Re: I am so very frustrated with my docs office

Sorry you are going through all of this. I can tell you what I would have done a couple of days ago if the samething happened to me that is happening to you. I would have kicked them to the curb. I hope you get something straightened out QUICKLY because that is complete crap. Why don't you goto your GP. My GP was wonderful (to an extinct). She offered to put me on an antidepressant but I told her I had a pill to fix everything (thyroid, hormone, and insulin resistance) and she understood. That is who I would call.

Good luck and let us know how things go. I say good for hubby. I always tell people when I am mad, I am going to have a come to Jesus meeting with them and that is what your hubby did. WOOHOO. It is nice to have someone help you fight your battle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register