dVH/RALH SLEEP....Where have you gone? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SLEEP....Where have you gone? SLEEP....Where have you gone?

Unread 12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Re: SLEEP....Where have you gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemaine View Post
I have am only taking 1 mg tablets and I am increasing by 1 mg each night to see how much to take without being groggy the next morning. 1 tablet barely got me me thru 2 hours of sleep. 2 tablets were better ... I woke up often - but could also fall asleep again so at least I got better sleep than I have been getting over the past few weeks. Did the 10 mg leave you feeling groggy at all the next morning?
No actually I woke up feeling really good. I see yours are 1 mg each but mine are 5 mg. I did take the one tablet and I did fine that I woke up after a couple of hours. But the two tablets made me sleep until morning. I guess it depends on the person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM

I thought it was just me! I can fall asleep no problem. It's staying asleep that's the problem. To anyone that is trying ambien, be careful. I had great success when I took it after my husband passed away. Then it was prescribed to me again recently and I was a mess! I will not take it again! Scary what it did to me. I'm hoping that as I increase my exercise I will improve the sleeping.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:44 PM

i agree @ justme

mzmocha- im glad thats working for you. FYI, i bought walgreens version of benadryl 3.49 for 2 buy one get one And i found i dont need to take it daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Its funny reading about the Benedryl because in NZ Benedryl is a cough mixture. I was in the beginning wondering why people were taking cough mixture to help them sleep, altho I guess if I took enough it would definitely have a sedating effect haha!
Benedryl is usually used for allergies and such, but does cause drowsiness, so it's also used for that.

I'm usually sleepy by 10 or so but don't get to bed until later and even though I'm tired, I get into bed and am wide awake. Have taken Tylenol PM, Nyquil to sleep, but usually wake up in the middle of the night. Last Sunday, I woke up and got up so I didn't disturb my husband, then went back to sleep around 7 am until about 9-10. I don't have kids to wake me, but my cats are pretty noisy at times.

The first couple of weeks I'd wake up at 3 to go to the bathroom, then back to sleep, then up to go to my mother-in-law's to sleep a bit more. So not bad.

I might try the melatonin, and suggest it to my mother-in-law who is having problems sleeping.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register