pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-28-2014, 03:51 PM
pressure

I'm one day short of a week since I had a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy with Bilateral Salpingectoies and Excision of Superficial Pelvic sidewall Endometriosis, I've been feeling this intense pressure to voide. Very hard to describe! Is this normal it's so uncomfortable?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Re: pressure

It could be normal to feel some pressure as you are trying to void. Do you have any burning or pain or is it pressure? I would probably call my doc and let them know. Sometimes it can be an infection causing problems and if it is causing a lot of discomfort, I would let the doc know.
Unread 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM
pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenyatta5 View Post
It could be normal to feel some pressure as you are trying to void. Do you have any burning or pain or is it pressure? I would probably call my doc and let them know. Sometimes it can be an infection causing problems and if it is causing a lot of discomfort, I would let the doc know.
There is no burning, my urine is clear, I don't have a fever, just the pressure and needing to voide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 04:41 PM

There is no burning, my urine is clear and I don't have a fever. I just have the pressure and feeling to constantly voide.
Unread 01-31-2014, 04:17 PM

Did you have a catheter in during the hospital stay? That can cause discomfort for a little while afterwards. If it doesn't get better, go see your doc and ask to see a urologist to make sure you don't have something going on. I developed IC after my hyst so sometimes other problems do crop up.
Unread 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM

For about the first 4-5 days I felt like that too. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom trying to empty my bladder. At my first post op check up @ 2 weeks. I told my Dr. my symptoms. i also had leaking at night and a bit during the day. When i did urinate it took for ever to have the urine finally come out. It's like I had to think and think about what i was doing. She checked me, and I didn't have an infection, no burning feelings when i urinated either. I think It was from the catheter. But it was only in during the surgery time. i didn't know I had one until nurse told me why maybe I couldn't urinate at the hospital after the surgery. At about 2 1/2 weeks I finally felt that pressure go away and then it got better as far as being able to urinate and not take so long, as well as no more leaking.
I hope this helps. I would call the Dr. and ask them too.
Unread 01-31-2014, 07:20 PM

I felt the pressure and urge to go ALL THE TIME starting as soon as I woke up from the surgery, and still get the pressure/pain when my bladder gets full 2.5 weeks out. I figured it was just my body saying "don't put any pressure on me there!!" So I went as much as possible, hoping it gets better as the insides heal...
Unread 02-01-2014, 07:39 PM
pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenyatta5 View Post
Did you have a catheter in during the hospital stay? That can cause discomfort for a little while afterwards. If it doesn't get better, go see your doc and ask t'o see a urologist to make sure you don't have something going on. I developed IC after my hyst so sometimes other problems do crop up.
I'm so sorry you have IC too!! I had IC before the hyst, one of the reasons I decided to have a hyst is because the IC would get worse with my periods. I hope I didn't have the Hyst for nothing! Last two years since I got diagnosed have been terrible. We'll it's only been 1 week and 3 days maybe it will get better. Don't know if u get Installations(special med put into bladder to calm the bladder nerves) I really feel I need it!!

Big hug for u!! I know what it is having IC!! Thanks for your support!!
Unread 02-02-2014, 04:05 PM

I tried the installations and it turned out that my body reacted really negatively to it. I got lucky in some ways because my IC finally calmed down. They were trying everything without much luck but then it kind of calmed down. Sometimes I have to take Prosed for bladder spasms.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register