Scheduled TAH facing surgery and wondering if there are any others without children? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

facing surgery and wondering if there are any others without children? facing surgery and wondering if there are any others without children?

Unread 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Re: facing surgery and wondering if there are any others without children?

I am 39 y/o, having surgery on the 21st of March and have no children. I have a wonderful, devoted husband that has been my 'rock' for 18 yrs (married for 12) and we wanted to have kids. But unfortunately other health issues of mine had not allowed that miracle. I often get the questions of "why don't you have kids if you've been married so long". I just say it wasnt God's plan for us. Then I get the 'pity' look.... Very frustrating!! I'm sad about it but I have come to terms w/it. And perhaps I am meant to be a mom to an adopted child. Even though I have accepted it for what it is, the surgery is so 'final'..... It's a tug-of-war with the emotions this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM

I just went to the doc today. The fibroid is new, and the ovarian cyst and uterine "bubble" (failed ablation) have gotten a bit smaller since I went several weeks ago. I'm scheduling my daVinci for May. We don't have any children, and I've never had the desire. I'm hesitant to tell those I work with because I dread the "I'm sorry" comments when it comes to light. All my family and friends know, but work is a different story!
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Hello I don't have any kids. I knew I didn't want kids sinse I was teenager. I am 43 now and my feelings never changed. My husband as one son which lives in Las Vegas. Right before the surgery it did hit me. It didn't last long at all. I'm glad that I had this surgery cause now I don't ever have to worry about having children. Don't get me wrong I do love kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2012, 08:38 PM

I had 14 years of my first marriage and 3 miscarriages, no children. Now I am remarried and have 3 amazing step-sons. I still feel a sense of loss though...maybe especially since both of my younger sisters are pregnant. We are talking about maybe adopting in a year or two...but I can't really handle that right at this moment...too many emotions. I have spent my whole life wanting a family anc children. Maybe after April 10th I can heal and be a lot more fit to be that mom!
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:57 PM

I don't have step children, but can tell you from the other side, being the step child, that my step father was one of the biggest blessings of my life. He loved me as his own and for that I am forever grateful.
I wish he were still alive for this whole thing. He made the most amazing chicken soup. It could cure anything!
I'm sure you are just as precious to your kids.
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:19 AM

Thank you ladies for your wonderful replies. It is nice to feel like I am not alone :-)
To JWaltersRN lol i so agree with you ;-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register