Wound vac | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Wound vac

I just went to have my staples removed following my total abdominal hysterectomy and part of my incision hasn't healed. The doctor has ordered a wound vac. I am waiting for the wound vac people to arrive to put the vac on. I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and how long it took to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Re: Wound vac

I had the same problem and I had my wound vac installed Friday. It's a little inconvenient. But the Vac is quiet, little burbles now and again, but my incision is closing rather quickly.

Two weeks ago my wound was 5 CM deep and 5 CM long and 3 CM wide. It's now 4 CM long, 1 CM deep and 1.5 CM wide. So I can say that the wound vac has helped.
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Re: Wound vac

Hi Daisy Jo,

I as well have the wound vac in and have since April 3. It does work and for the most part I don't really mind it too much just more of an inconvenience than anything. My incision was opened 9 cm and 2 cm wide.It's down to 7 and 1/2. The incision length hasn't gone down a whole lot but the wound bed is coming up nicely. I think that i will have it in for another couple of weeks yet and then switch to wet/dry packing... Hopefully (fingers crossed atleast). I am so ready to move on with my life and start to feel better. For the first sponge change and even when they come to put it in be sure to take something for pain... As well gets lots of rest, eat lots of protein..... Good luck and if there are any questions dont hesitate to let me know. As well there are a couple of women on the site who are home care nurses and they will probably give you some great insight.... Atleast they did for me...

Keep us updated on how you make out.... For awhile I thought I was the only one going through this but thankfully I am not alone.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register