Forgot to ask my MD | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Forgot to ask my MD Forgot to ask my MD

Unread 07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

I am having a TAH this Wednesday (stage IV endometriosis, 3 beautiful boys). I forgot to ask my doc how long I can expect to be in the hospital for. I stayed for 4 days with each c-section, is it the same for a TAH? Need to get my childcare solidified. Thanks for any help.. I am 39 and otherwise healthy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

I also had a TAH after multiple c-sections. My surgery was Friday morning and I was released Monday morning. The recovery, for me at least, has been similar to the pain of a c-section, but just seems to last a lot longer than I remember it after kids. Best wishes!
Unread 07-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

My doc said that I should expect to stay between 2 - 4 days. I went in for my TAH/BSO on Friday morning and was released from the hospital on Sunday morning. Two days total in the hospital and it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected it would be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelnine
My doc said that I should expect to stay between 2 - 4 days. I went in for my TAH/BSO on Friday morning and was released from the hospital on Sunday morning. Two days total in the hospital and it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected it would be!
How did you feel when you came home are you back to doing normal things yet? I have a 3yo and I have been told no lifting for 6 wks. I am having a Lap Hyst/Bladder Susp in 8 days.
Unread 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

I went in on Thursday and was realeased Saturday. I think everyone is different and if you don't feel ready to be realeased then ask to stay. By Saturday afternoon I was sick of looking at the hospital room and found myself standing in the doorway of my room and telling my nurse "I wanna go home now!!" She replied..."Ok lets get you outta here then!!" Only took her a few minutes to get me out the door!
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

My GYN told me he kept his patients in for at least 2 nights with an abdominal hysterectomy and one for a LAVH. However, the day after my LAVH, he asked if I was ready to go home that day, I think he would have offered another day.
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

Hi mnugget!

I went in on a Thursday morning for my TAH/BSO surgery and was released Saturday morning. My doctor originally told me to expect to stay 3 - 4 nights. I was up and about early and doing well, so he released me. It will all depend on how well your surgery goes and how you're doing as far as walking, making the right bowel sounds, etc.

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery!

s
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

I had a TAH last Tuesday morning and came home Friday afternoon.

Hopefully, whoever is helping you with childcare will be understanding enough to be flexible. Best Wishes.
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Forgot to ask my MD

I was told 2 to 4 days, I was home on the 2cd day..
I would guess it depends on how well you are doing and your Dr. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register