Help! I am pretty alone/scared. surg in 3 days - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! I am pretty alone/scared. surg in 3 days Help! I am pretty alone/scared. surg in 3 days

Unread 01-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Help! I am pretty alone/scared. surg in 3 days

Hi!

A DH is a Dear Husband. You can find a list of Hyster Sister Abbreviations here.

s, Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2006, 10:36 PM
What is a robotic hysterectomy?

I just want to wish you best of luck on your surgery & a speedy recovery before you head off for the castle. I know it's easier said than done, but don't be nervous & scared...you'll be fine. Remember we're all here for you & you can find support on the post-op forums after your surgery. What on earth is a "robotic hysterectomy"? Sounds like a robot is going to do the surgery & I don't think medicine is that avanced yet! Keep us posted & remember to take it easy after your surgery.
Unread 01-20-2006, 11:05 PM

Hi dedo1369,
Your husband might surprise you when it comes right down to it. My husband is very even keeled about everything, it takes an act of congress for him to react to things. My friends said that when the dr. came out and told him how I was doing he was right up close to his face and taking in every word he said. When I came home he was so attentive to every need that I had. I guess what I am saying is some detached husbands become darling husbands when the chips are down and it really calls for it.
It will turn out alright!
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2006, 11:16 PM

Actually, medicine is that advanced as to have robots doing surgical procedures. One of the latest robotic surgical systems is the da Vinci robot. You can do an internet search and find information re: this medical advancement. Heart, urological, gynecological, and other surgical procedures are now starting to be done via the da Vinci robot. This technique allows for a more minimally invasive surgery and a much quicker recovery.

diana
Unread 01-20-2006, 11:46 PM

That is totally amazing & thanks for letting me know. I will definitely read up on it.
Unread 01-20-2006, 11:47 PM

I can't believe you will be out of hospital the next day. I was in hospital for 6 days. They monitored my blood pressure, temperature, etc every hour for the first 3 days. Some women were out in 3 days, however I had a high temp. and severe nausea, couldn't eat anything so had drip for 4 days but the ladies that were ok after surgery still had a fluid drip in for 2 days. I would ask if you can stay longer, especially if you have no help at home.
Take care of yourself, will be thinking of you
Unread 01-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Hugs Hugs!!

Mori, I sort of know what you are going through, have my surgery a day before yours, here in Phx and feeling pretty alone in the world, parents are over 2000 miles away. I am so grateful to God for a friend that will take me to the hosp. and visit. My mom said the other day "oh you'll be fine in 2 weeks" so I am sending her info via e-mail (if she reads it) to let her know what is to be expected. Make friends with the nurses, bring some candy to offer them and you never know you might meet a future hyster-sister in the castle! God's comforting hands will be there for you! I don't have a DH and my freaked out part is post op and not having anyone here but I know I'll be strong and deal. I go in a day before you so I'll be thinking and praying for ya (even through the morphine, wink). Will you have anyone at the hotel? That's just soooooo sad if you don't sweetie! :-( Please let me know how you are doing!! Take care and many blessings!!!!!!!!!
Kandi
Unread 01-21-2006, 12:44 AM
oops

sorry.. addressed to mori instead of dedo.... duhhh Temorary Brain disfunction
kan
Unread 01-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Same fears here...

I plan to put everything I can within reach of me...lots of bottles of water, crackers, phone, tv remote, ect. The big worry are my 'kids'; three small dogs and two cats, who will be curious and anxious about either being in bed with me or my not being able to put them into bed with me (the dogs).
My husband is already acting weird about the whole thing. In fact, his son asked for permission to come visit (he lives out of state) immediately after my surgery...not the best time for me but he's a teenager and doesn't need the attention that he used to...OR maybe he's looking forward to seeing the
Wicked StepMother at her weakess...(its okay to laugh!!!)
I can go without food for hours. I only pray that I can make it to the toilet in time when I'm left alone. That would be the ultimate insult to my integrity, being left to soil myself.
Cross your fingers for me...
Unread 01-21-2006, 01:12 AM
P.S. DH meaning

I cracked up when I read the question about 'DH'...good lord, we could go on and on about what 'DH' stood for... maybe we should figure out other abbreviations for DH... maybe DUH for "Dumb Husband", or DKH for <Oops! Please don't try to override the website censor">, etc.,
I'm sorry, I usually love my DH but sometimes he can really be a big DKH, you know what I mean??? Some of our lovies can be real idiots when it comes to the our problems...and likewise, I know.
But how difficult is to get the average man to even consider a vasectomy vs a tube tye?
LOL! I'm not a man basher, believe it not! Just hormonal and tippsy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register