Prolapse, with connective tissues and blood clotting issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse, with connective tissues and blood clotting issues Prolapse, with connective tissues and blood clotting issues

Unread 06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Prolapse, with connective tissues and blood clotting issues

If you are going to have surgery please don't read some bad stuff mentioned .....

For two years I have been seeing doctors, trying to get my prolapses repaired so I can have some quality of life and feel good also. However, yesterday I had an appt. with the surgeon, she spoke to my geneticists who recommends no surgery. She feels surgery is too risky for me and death would be a better option then what could happen. I have both connective tissue disorder and a blood clotting mutations. I was scheduled for a 5 hour surgery abdominal to repair prolapses using my leg fascia and removing appendix,cervix, and uterus. However now she will not do an abdominal surgery nor posterior repair because of risk of organs rupturing, uncontrolled bleeding, stroke, heart attack, etc--so many things the geneticist told her. She would be willing to do a vaginal hysterectomy with only anterior repairs (bladder)--2 hours. She said just going under has numerous risk for a person like me. I have a latex allergy so she already located a company that could make a non-latex pessary to help. She doesn't know how my body will react to this type, but she said if I was her she would go with the pessary as long as possible. But I'm 44 years old and my body isn't improving--heart and other tissues; so I think as I age the problems medically will get worst and not better so I'll never be able to have any improvement.

For those with prolapses will an anterior repair and vaginal hysterectomy help with some of my awful feelings? Currently uterus and cervix are outside my vagina. I see daily.

My surgeon is still keeping my OR time open and wants a decision soon.

Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Corgilvr, I have no answers for you, but know that I will be thinking of you during this difficult time. I wish you the best.
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Well, I haven't had my surgery yet.. I didn't listen to you saying not to read.. never listen.. never learn. I don't hae answers for you but I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. It is just heartbreaking to read and I can only imagine what you are dealing with. That's about all I can offer you but I hope it helps even the tiniest bit. I'll be keeing you in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register