Update, and thank you to all. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update, and thank you to all. Update, and thank you to all.

Unread 04-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Update, and thank you to all.

Hello all....
First, let me thank you all for your replies and support to my first post to the site on saturday. I was in a really low place, and it helped so much.

Now the "dramatic" update. Sunday was an awful day - the pain kept getting worse. So, first thing monday morning my DH called the doctors office, they wanted me in the office immediately - even though my doctor was in surgery. Got there, they took me straight back, the nurse examined me and said "i'm just going to call the doc" (while he was in surgery). She came back a little bit later and said they were admitting me immediately. (distended abdomen, temp, obvious severe pain.....)
Lots of tests etc later (it's all a bit of a blur, cos I was pretty much out of it by this time), and they started me on a mega cocktail of antibiotics. Turns out I had a fluid build up in the pelvic area and this had caused an infection (and all the pain). They initially thought it was possibly internal bleeding (and scared by hubby silly with that one!).

Anyway - 2 more days of catheter (to stop any further internal irritation), anti-biotics, and pain meds, and I am home, feel SOOOO much better! (despite a run-in with a very unsympathetic nurse while in the hospital!) I'm sore, and exhausted (feel a bit like a truck hit me), but I feel a whole lot better than I was!

Doc said it would have been really serious if it gone on any longer....so thank you for encouraging me to go in. I was worrying that I was making a fuss, and that this was all normal - turns out it wasn't.

So, lots of rest for me now, and we're keeping a close eye to make sure things don't go downhill again.

Thank you again - I'm so glad I found you!
Caroline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2006, 09:19 PM

I am so glad you called the Dr and are feeling much better. Get some sleep and so you start feeling better!
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:26 PM

Glad to hear you caught it before it got any worse. Heres a great big cyber hug. I agree get some rest and sleep. You definitely deserve it.
Carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2006, 09:36 PM

rest,sleep and repeat. lol.
Unread 04-13-2006, 04:56 AM

It is a good thing that you took it serious. I am the same way though, you know, not wanting to make a fuss.....
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Take Care
Danette
Unread 04-13-2006, 05:15 AM

Netfamily2001

on calling the Dr's office. Good you found out before it got worse. Glad you are feeling better. Follow Dr's orders and hope you

Keep us posted on your recovery.

and

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register