glue and scabs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

glue and scabs glue and scabs

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
glue and scabs

Okay, when does this glue and scabs come off? It's been 2 weeks, 2 days. Some of the glue is peeling, and I'm having a hard time leaving it alone. I just wanted to know when it falls off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Re: glue and scabs

It has been 3 weeks today for me and my glue is still on pretty good. It is starting to loosen up around the edges though.
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM

It should wear off when it is ready.

I don't know when that is...I am 2.5 weeks out and what is left is still there...I pealed the rest of it off because I had an allergic reaction to it (especially in the open raw skin). I can scrape the remaining bits off some today, but I couldn't yesterday without clawing myself. There is very little left today, but I've been working at it since 5 days post-op.

It is pretty good stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM

I had all my glue/scabs at my 4 week post op appt. She said I could slowly start picking away at the glue, or I could leave it and it would come off on it's own. I chose the later, and they were gone before my 5 week anniversary!
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM

The glue in my belly button is kind of weird and peely looking, I cut some of the straggly parts off last night. The glue on the incicions in my side is holding strong. I am at 2 weeks 2 days as well.
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:23 PM

My glue really started to come up starting at week 2 and the PA said I could scrub at it a little in the shower. I did peel off what came loose after my shower and by week 3 gone. The Dr said do not pick the scabs and I didn't and they took until week 4.
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM

By my 2w post-op visit I had pulled the glue out of my belly button cause it was working its way out. Two of the three remaining scabs were healing nicely and the excess glue had flaked off for the most part. But one was not flaking and it was hard and protruding and getting really really irritated becasue it was getting caught on my clothes and stuff. my doc actually pulled it out using tweezers (ouch) and after a day or two it was much better. The scabs are mostly gone now. One seemed like it was still pretty thick, but when I pulled at the end the whole thing fell right off

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register