Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Sex

I just wanted to ask once having my utrues removed do it effect your sex life ?? I'm still young 28 an I don't want this to effect my marriage ?? Just hope someone can answer this question for me one of my biggest fears is this please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Re: Sex

You will find women here who will say sex is better than ever and you will find women who will say it's not the same. It's a risk you must take if you truly want this surgery. Hopefully everything will turn out well for you.
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsfam4 View Post
I just wanted to ask once having my utrues removed do it effect your sex life ?? I'm still young 28 an I don't want this to effect my marriage ?? Just hope someone can answer this question for me one of my biggest fears is this please help

I spoke with my doctor this past Friday. I also had my uterus removed, but I still have my cervix. My doctor advised me because of this, my vagina is still intact so having sex should not be an issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2013, 12:49 PM

(((Millsfam4))) please talk with your doctor about the possible effects of the particular surgery you are having on your sex life.

As (((Catherine))) said, many women, especially those who are in a lot of pain or for whom sex is difficult or impossible prior to surgery, tend to say sex is much better after the surgery. However, there is a reason we have a Sexual Dysfunction forum here on this site, and it's because a substantial number of women find that they have problems post surgery, even long after they are completely healed. This is a risk you must accept if you decide to go through with the surgery.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

(((hugs))),
-Linda
Unread 10-06-2013, 02:47 PM

MillsFam4- I had an LAVH (cervix removed with this) & my sex life has been GREAT so far, so much better than what it was. I didn't realize how my 'issues" before my hyster had affected that aspect of my life. I have not experienced a decreased libido nor have I experienced vaginal dryness.... You are asking a very valid & ongoing question by most women..... Every woman is different & I agree, you should talk with your Dr. about this also
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM

I am 38 and scheduled on Dec 12th for surgery (don't know the abbreviations yet) but it will be laproscopic and I requested to keep my cervix. This is my biggest fear about this as well. I am not as worried about my libido or vaginal dryness but more that it will change for my husband in some significant way. Or feel different to him. That is basically why I requested to keep my cervix even though doc wanted to take it too. Thank you for putting the question out there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register