surgery on the 13th and way to many Q's | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery on the 13th and way to many Q's surgery on the 13th and way to many Q's

Unread 02-06-2003, 05:16 PM
surgery on the 13th and way to many Q's

I am having a total hyst on the 13th of feb and I have a ton of questions. I have not had a great success with the hormones that my body puts out "normally" and I was going to skip the HRT compleatly. Now that I have started reading up on it I am not so sure that would be wise. But, then again I just read that it can cause psoriasis to flare up! I have recently been diagnosed with the dreaded flake factor. I also have been battling low thyroid for 13 years and have just gotten that figured out. What should I do???? I can't wait to have my castle visit but now my freedom seems in peril. Can someone please help with all the questions? I still have one pre-op visit with my doctor but feel under prepared. Thanks LaDonna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2003, 07:05 PM

Hi LaDonna

I can't help with your HRT questions (kept my ovaries) but can offer a suggestion for your final pre-op visit. There's a very good list of questions on this website just for the pre-op appointment and maybe having this information will give you one less thing to worry about. Here's the link:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

You may want to check out the Hormone Jungle forum to get more information on HRT.

Best of luck to you and lots of s too!
Unread 02-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi LaDonna from LaDonna!!!!

Hi LaDonna: I'm a LaDonna too, lol. I am 3 months post op LAVH/BSO and Bladder Sling. I am on an estrogen patch (Esclim .50mg) and am doing great. I'm glad my doctor got the harmone thingey correct the first try. Hope it stays that way. If you have any more questions, these ladies here are wonderful. I didn't find this site until after my surgery. But I have enjoyed reading and posting. You can e-mail me anytime battyjunior@hystersisters.com.

LaDonna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 04:25 AM

(((((LaDonna)))))

I kept my ovaries, so I can't offer any suggestions there except for what Allison already has. I would do all the reading she suggested to gain as much info on hrt as possible and then talk with the DR about it.

I have had psorasis for about 7 or 8 years now. It's not as bad as it was about 4 years ago. I've tried all the steroidal creams out there. They usually seem to work for about 2 weeks and then nothing. For those places that get the thickened patches, I've found that using a pumice stone helps. My DR just gave me the new cream Elidil that's been advertized for eczema. After only using it one time, I noticed a little difference already! Hopefully, it'll work even better as I continue it. You may want to ask your DR about it too. One good thing is it's not a steriod.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime. PDawn@hystersisters.com

s,
Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register