Moodswings? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Moodswings?

I am going on 4wks post-op and since the first week after my surgery I am sooooooooo moody, my poor kids I feel like I am snapping at them left and right and I keep biting Shawn's head off and I feel bad but I can't help it, a friend of mine mentioned Vitex for PMS, and I know I had my "AF" last week or the week before even though I had no bleeding I still had the PMS and cramps and everything associated with AF except the annoying bleeding thank god! That's got me too no more periods, I am still in shock over having this hysterectomy anyways and now it's weird to not expect my period I feel like I should go check but know it's not possible. I feel the same but different... anyways I do know there is an increase in hormones the first month could this be why I am so moody? I will be talking to my OB tomorrow at my appt. just I feel so bad for being so mean! I mean I am in a good mood too but everything annoys me to the bone, and I snap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Moodswings?

Well mentioned this to my doctor today and he said it is totally unrealated to my hysterectomy because I still have both ovaries so it's not hormonal. That I should just calm down... that it could be due my body dealing with the anesthsia from surgery (Umm I am 4wks post-op I am sure it's gone by now) If my OB won't deal with my mood swings he said to wait a few more weeks then I will go to my regular doctor and talk to her about it. I feel so bad for being like this but to be honest I can't help it and it's like MAJOR PMS! I snap and I snap a lot! And my kids do not deserve to be snapped at like this...
Unread 04-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Moodswings?

(((Nicole))), I'm sorry that you're having a rough time in your early weeks of recovery. It does take time for everything to settle down and level off. My doctor told me if I kept my ovaries I would still have PMS. (As fate would have it, I didn't get to keep my ovaries.) I've read that many women who have PMS find that over time it lessens, so hopefully that will be your experience as well.

Hopefully another Sister will come along and share post-op PMS experience but I did want to let you know that time just may help you feel much better.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Moodswings?

I feel like I have permanent PMS, I mean holy cow! LOLOL! anyways since I have PCOS, a friend suggested to me to try using Vitex herb tablets, not only will it sort out my hormones from the PCOS but she said it helped her PMS, it will take several weeks before I will notice a difference, I would rather try something herbal than a prescription with side effects. Thanks for replying I appreciate it. I hope in time I won't be such a :hair: :burning:
Unread 04-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Moodswings?

Before my hysterectomy I had severe PMS. My stress levels would get so high that I would have pain in my arms. My DH would know what time of the month it was just by the way I was acting. I was stressed out, sensitive, blasting migraines, bloating. I went though one cycle already since my surgery and I do believe that the PMS symptoms have decreased some what. I was told by a friend that kept her ovaries as well that I take approximately 6 months for your body to "FORGET" about your cycle. She said that all her symptoms are gone. I am hoping that will be the case for me. Sometimes I wonder if my stress levels have went down because I am presently off work. I will see once I return to work, if it comes back. Before my operations I was keeping track of my cycles and symptoms and plan still to do it for a while. If my stress levels increase again once I go back to work, I am planning to bid on another job. I change in life style may be what I need.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register