Scheduled TVH Worried about life after hysterectomy - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about life after hysterectomy Worried about life after hysterectomy

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Re: Worried about life after hysterectomy

I had a Davinci which included removing my ovaries two yrs ago. I too was worried about ruining a good sex life. I felt great after the surgery and it took nearly 6 months for any change of life symptoms. A great sex life for many women comes from the desire to be close, not from physical desire, especially when your 40 plus. I have been with my husband for 30 yrs and I still want to be with him. Our sex life is still good. The surgery may have caused some changes, it was going to happen anyway, but it did not changed my feelings or desire to please my husband. Don't concentrate on thing going wrong, concentrate on no more pain, bloating, bleeding...these things did not help your sex life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2014, 09:44 PM

Hi, This is my first post after joining in 2009... I am not an expert and don't know all of the circumstances surrounding the bleeding you are experiencing, but I would sincerely suggest if at all possible keep your uterus. I believe there is a procedure, endometrial ablation, which may be an alternative to hysterectomy. I myself have a different problem, but know I was convinced via thorough research it's best to keep our anatomy. If anything get a second or third opinion. Best Sue
Unread 11-08-2014, 10:04 PM

I had a LAVH/BSO almost 2 years ago. I was unable to have sex for almost a year prior to hysterectomy because it hurt too much. By 10 days post op, my sex drive was in overdrive. It continued that way until 10 months post-op. I then found that I was low on testosterone. I added that in to my HRT and my sex drive came right back. However, there is a chance that sex just won't be the same again for whatever reason. I don't consider those stories "horror" stories. They are real women's stories of struggle to regain their sex life. It is something you should not ignore and should be aware of. Yes, their stories may be over-represented on the boards, and more women feel better or the same about sex, but it is important that you are aware of the risk in making your decision. It is one of the things to factor in, not obsess about. A second opinion is absolutely a good idea. However, there is no one who can guarantee that your sex life will be the same or better, but the odds are on your side.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register