Had my first crying jag and restless night | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my first crying jag and restless night Had my first crying jag and restless night

Unread 07-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Had my first crying jag and restless night

Sorry if this is a bit long.

Let me start by saying that I am not in pain, been feeling pretty good. I just have alot on my mind which brought on the tears, the restless night and the second guessing of why I did this to myself. Everything has been piling up on me. It all started 2 weeks before my HYST. First it was my cycle that came right when we were going on family vacation and holding in the pain and the gushing and trying not to ruin vacation for the kids. Then when I came back I found out the place I work for is shutting down very soon for renevations and we have to transfer to another plant for 4 or5 years. I work second shift and have already talked to my boss about moving to first shift because of issues with my youngest being dropped off at my house by the bus when no one is home, and the babysitter that is two doors down is starting to not to want to watch her anymore. When I asked about first shift at the other plant, I was told they can't guarantee what shift or job anybody would be working. Take what they have or lose your job. Then during these 13 days of post-op my numbness has worn off and I am experiencing those zapping pains that are telling me that I am healing. No real bad pain that I can't handle. Now I am real sore. The last three days I have been trying to ignore it, so I can get dinner done for me and my kids because my boyfriend usually isn't home yet. But now I am starting to feel like I am alone in this and need some help and he isn't around. Then I had a good friend and worker call me and tell me that work has put me on second shift again at the other plant. NO first shift for me. I don' t know if I CAN do another 4 or 5 years on second shift and wondering if my daughter is being dropped off to an empty house. I might have to find another job. I guess the job thing was the icing on the cake, I really liked my job and now I might have to move on. The tears started flowing. Then I started second guessing myself with going ahead and going through with the HYST, thinking that maybe if I didn't do this and be out right now recovering maybe it would be different at work because some people are staying while others have to go and I am one of them that has to go. Plus I wouldn't be so sore and needing everybody to do stuff and not having enough help. So my mind won't shut down and keeps on going over this stuff and I can't fall asleep, it took me util way past 3 am to fall asleep. I know deep down this was the right decision to make and would do it again,and I know the only reason I fell this way is because I am upset. In the long run I know everything will work out and be ok, But right now I am going into a downward tailspin. Like I said a long one, Just needed to get it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 10:37 AM

Good morning, aware! I totally understand why you are feeling overwhelmed. It is ok and normal to feel emotional after a hyst under normal circumstances but I am sure you know that a job change is one of those big life changes that adds even more stress. I wouldn't be surprised if when you start looking for a new job you find something better for you and your schedule. Life is going to improve 100% soon, I am sure You have taken the first step towards a healther lifestyle...now everything can get better.
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:46 AM

(((aware)))

This is completely normal even for those not having as much going in their lives as you. It's like PMS x 100,000,000!

Others might not understand, but all of us here do.

Hugs
Jess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I am New Here

Hello,
My heart goes out to you! I just had a laproscopic hysterectomy on June 20, 2008, and I am miserable! I was up until about 2:30 a.m. last night. I was not expecting all this soreness, etc. I have been really questioning why I had this done! I have visions of punching my surgeon out, and I have been really screaming at my husband lately. It would make a sailor blush! I certainly need support from people who have been there! Oh, and I was really sobbing two nights ago, saying to my husband that I will never get better, it is only getting worse, I will have to go on disability, etc.
Unread 07-13-2008, 02:05 PM

Thank you for all the support and I love you all, I know I am starting a new life and everything will be ok in the end. I am glad that you all are here for me and listen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register