Sighs ... Now back to ovarian pain again...PCOS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sighs ... Now back to ovarian pain again...PCOS Sighs ... Now back to ovarian pain again...PCOS

Unread 05-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Sighs ... Now back to ovarian pain again...PCOS

Alright it has been awhile since I posted here. The first time that I came here it was because the doctor diagnosised me with Mild Dysplasia on 05 ... Well in 08 they found a tumor on my ovary...Once I was cleared for surgery I had the surgery .. The tumor was non-cancerious *thank you god*... Well now a little over a year later and my periods are acting up again.... I am back to have severe pain in my abdominal area... my ovaries .. I just know they are my ovaries .... and it is doubling me over again .. and bringing tears to my eyes ..... I don't know what to do anymore .... Now I might need to add here that I was diagnosised with Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome... Although the doctors said "They think" I might have it ... I am really starting to lose any type of hope and well quite frankly wish they would just gut me and take everything all out ... I mean I know I am young *25* but that doesn't mean I want anymore kids than what I already have... Just some helpful advice would be great cause right now I have really lost all hope of being pain free in my lower region...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Re: Sighs ... Now back to ovarian pain again...PCOS

Hi

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with ovarian pain.

You mention that you have been diagnosed with PCOS, I am wondering what kind of treatment you are getting to control it? While having your ovaries removed will obviously get rid of the ovary pain, It does not cure the PCOS. So much more is involved. Have you tried metformin? Have you had all your other hormone levels checked?

Kay
Unread 05-07-2009, 12:08 AM

Thank you for taking time to reply. I have not had any treatment as the major concern at the time was getting the tumor off my ovary. So perhaps it is just the PCOS that is bothering me once again. The doctor did say that if everything cleared up there was no reason to come back to see him. Everything went fine after the surgery so I had no need to go back at that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2009, 06:28 AM

Hi,

I learned a lot about PCOS from www.soulcysters.com You can find out there what all the treatments are, and what has worked for others. They are also very good at posting the latest research.

Most women with PCOS need to be on some kind of drug therapy to control all the hormonal issues, which can include insulin, testosterone, and even thyroid. It can actually include any or all hormones as it is a disorder of the whole endocrine system. Many find that once they are on the proper treatments, the ovaries calm down.

I wish you the best, and if you should decide that you need a hysterectomy and/or have your ovaries removed, we will be here to offer you support and help you prepare and recover.

Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register