It hurts to pee | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It hurts to pee It hurts to pee

Unread 11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
It hurts to pee

I had my surgery thursday, today is sunday. Ever since i have been able to get up when I need to go pee it takes forever to get anything out. Then just a trckle. And there is a ton of pain and pressure. I had a complete vaginal hysterectomy, cervix ovaries all of it. Anyone else have this? And is it normal? It is not an infection we know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Re: It hurts to pee

Hi Racing92... I'm 9 1/2 weeks post-op and I still have the pain when I pee it's just not as severe. I called my doctor 3 days after my surgery and she had me come in to pee in a cup to check for an infection and gave me an antibiotic to take no matter what until I got my results. It turned out there was NO infection and she explained to me that during the surgery they have to move the bladder and it takes time for it to move and find it's right place. When I went in for my 6 week check up she did an exam and felt around and said "oh yeah, your bladder's still swollen. I went in Friday for my 9 week check up and she released me but I was told to be careful and don't do anything crazy...lol I still have the pee pain and I still get the trickles but only in the middle of night when I feel I have a full bladder. It's so irritating!!

Good luck with your recovery and take good care of yourself!! ;-)

No one told me, but at week 3 or 4 don't freak if you see purple strings in your undies. It's the dis-solvable stitches. Follow the rules and just because you start to feel good don't break the rules and risk internal adhesion's.
Unread 11-21-2010, 06:29 PM

When I had surgery two years ago, it took a while for my urine stream to become normal again. I had the same pain and sensation you are describing along with difficulty starting and continuing stream.
Praying this improves for you quickly and you feel better than ever soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Yes, peeing hurt a lot for a while. I drank a lot of cranberry juice. As much as you do not want to make sure you drink a lot of water. It will really help things get going & cleared up. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:48 PM

It hurt for me to pee for quite a while after my surgery....and I did not have an infection...had them check three times during the first 6 weeks to be sure....around 3 months it finally felt normal again...
Unread 11-22-2010, 04:47 AM

It's common. I had a pee problem as well. It had gotten 98 percent better. Keep drinking. Make sure your doctor is aware of the symptoms.
Unread 11-22-2010, 10:30 AM

I woke up in pain, left the hospital hours later in pain ( I had the DaVinci surgery), and was in pain for 2 weeks. I called the doctor day #3 to tell him I was out of pain pills and he ordered 60 more pills. So, I basically was taking massive amounts of pain killers to overcome the pain that wrapped around my mid section and ended around my back where my kidneys are. I was going to the bathroom every 30 minutes during the day and at least every 2 hours at night. My bladder was spasming and cramping and oh how it hurt to pee. When I finally caved in two weeks later, I called the doctor again, he had me come in and pee in a cup, and lo and behold I had a massive bladder infection that he put me on two antibiotics to kill. I just finished my antibiotics yesterday. I also took pyridium (Azo) and drank tons of water. I fell 95% better. There is some residual cramping of my bladder but it is not as bad as with the full-blown UTI. BTW, it didn't hurt where the urine exits the body but in fact my bladder. I just assumed it was all hysterectomy pains! Most post-op visits are included in the dr's fee so please take advantage of it and pee in a cup for him to check for blood and icky pus created from a bacterial infection left over from the catheter they inserted during surgery.
Unread 11-22-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing92 View Post
I had my surgery thursday, today is sunday. Ever since i have been able to get up when I need to go pee it takes forever to get anything out. Then just a trckle. And there is a ton of pain and pressure. I had a complete vaginal hysterectomy, cervix ovaries all of it. Anyone else have this? And is it normal? It is not an infection we know

I don't have the pain when I pee but it does take forever to empty my bladder with a trickle here and a trickle there...so annoying. Doctor said it will take a few months for my bladder to start working properly due to being so distorted from the massive fibroid I had.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register