advice to other pre ops | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

advice to other pre ops advice to other pre ops

Unread 10-13-2012, 08:49 PM
advice to other pre ops

I go wendsday 17th for my preop at hospital. Yes im still nervous with each passing day. However i wanted to give my sisters that havent had their surgeries yet a lil advice from one pre op to another. First of all yes ur gonna be nervous, anxious,scared,worried. I am as well. But know theres a higher power in controll of everything. Therefore we are never alone. Thru all the emotions dont forget to slow down and breath go to lunch with some friends, make a date night with ur companion. You wont feel like doing anything for awhile so enjoy!!!! me and my bf went out last night and i had so much fun. The surgery was not brought up the whole night. Sometimes u just gotta quiet ur mind to escape the subject. Come to this site as often as needed. ur all in my thoughts and prayers. Love my sistas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Re: advice to other pre ops

Thank you for the advice!! Good luck to you too sister!!
Unread 10-14-2012, 02:57 AM

Jenrine,
Thank you for taking the time to remind us all to STOP and enjoy those around us and welcome the the peace of a high power embracing us all.
Sometimes it just takes some reminding to feel life as it used to be before the fore mentioned anxiety, worry and such invaded our lives.
Wishing you simple recover and looking forward to reading your post-ops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm 1 day ahead as far as the surgery goes. I'm anxious but trying to enjoy what today is.
Unread 10-14-2012, 05:49 PM

Thank you for the advice. I'm 5 days behind you.
I had fun with my family today, talked about it a little and ignored all the stories from 20 years ago hysters. I just keep listening to my daughter-in-law telling me everything will be OK!!
Good luck sister!

Unread 10-14-2012, 06:15 PM

Thank you for your great advice. I definitely know my Higher Power is watching over me. My friends and family are also supportive. I am looking forward to walking with my Co workers and daughter on the 27th in the Breast Cancer walk in honor of my Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Mother and all others. Best of luck with your surgery.
Unread 10-14-2012, 10:18 PM

My LAVH is the 23rd as weel and I have alot of anxiety. Great advice to just stop and enjoy the now. Thank you and good luck to you!!!
Unread 10-14-2012, 10:43 PM

Ladies, I'm on the other side and I can honestly say it isn't as bad as I'd thought. I went in for emergency surgery so I had nothing planned! And it all worked out. If you can, set up with family to bring over some meals after you leave the castle and make sure you have a belly pillow for when you laugh or cough. And stool softeners might become your best friend. I had lots of reading material, but I waited til I was cleared from my doc to read any of the Fifty Shades books... :-)

Ladies, this forum is terrific; I only wish I'd have found it pre-op. There are great women on here and you will find yourselves over-sharing in no time at all!

Good luck to you all and prayers for safe surgeries and speedy recoveries!

Lynn
Unread 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM

Great advice!
Enjoyed the day yesterday with my hubby. He said we should go to ""outback" for lunch and enjoy a yummy steak to increase my iron supply! Thought that was a fantastic idea. We jumped in the car and got there at noon when they were opening the doors.
Your sissy,
Rhonda
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM

I am almost 1 week Post Op. I will say there were ups and downs. But my mom was there before I went in. My friend was texting me. My suregeon was Dr. Hottie.

I had robic hyster with a mini lap (had to cut me a bit) Yea sore but I never took 1 pain pill when I left the hospital.

I am not a tiny girl...but I can see my toes now. That is how big my darn uterus was.

If you do a bowl prep... make sure you eat good the day before. It is gonna be awhile and I was hungry.

If you believe in a higher power... pray reach out and ask others to pray for you.

I was nervous when I went in but I was in total belief that I would come out of it. And I did!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register