Incision burst open - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision burst open Incision burst open

Unread 07-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Incision burst open

Hello to flockhart and hubby, How sorry we are to hear about all of these serious troubles and the path. report...thank goodness that DH is being so proactive and right there every step of the way...good luck with this healing and hope that much brighter days are right around the corner...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Incision burst open

flockhart329's hubby you are AWESOME. Not many men would be able to deal with something so invasive an severe as an open incision like she has. I'm a nurse and it's not the easiest thing to tend to. Also the way you are watching out for her and tending to her is WONDERFUL. She is one blessed lady to have you. That staph infection is the pits but "This too will pass". Sorry that it was cancer but THANK YOU JESUS that they got it and praying that none of it returns. Best to you both. God Bless.
Unread 07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Incision burst open

2 magnolia trees,
It's interesting that you said "thank you, Jesus." I am a minister and my wife and I lead the Praise & Worship at our church in Port Orange (next to Daytona Beach). We are trusting in God more than in the Dr or the hospital. When they had her shower, the tile in the stall was covered with mildew and hadn't been cleaned after the last person used it. We are only doing sink baths for her now. There are four other women within four rooms of her with staph also. At least now they are giving her much better care than at the beginning.

Flockhart329's hubby
Unread 07-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Incision burst open

My prayers are with you and yours tonight - just remember- He won't give you more than you can bear - a bruised reed He WILL NOT break!!

I spent a few extra days in the hospital and for me I got a chance to show God's love to a family of non-believers... that alone would be worth all the extra stuff I have had to go through...

Thanks for keeping in touch and keep the updates coming!!

Phil 4:6-7

Shauna
Unread 07-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Incision burst open

I'm a large woman myself and I thought I would have staples when I came out of surgery, but I was surprised when I didn't 'feel' any. What the doctor said they did to me was double stitched me inside and out [I think that's what he said]. They then covered the stitched area with steri-strips. My incision didn't burst open, thank God. The only thing that is slow to heal are two spots that are 'covered' by my belly flap. But since he cauterized the wound on my last visit Friday before last, it has begun to heal.
Unread 07-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Incision burst open

Dear Flockhart,
Im so sorry you are having this problem, and I know it can be scary and it will complicate the healing process. Being a nurse, I have seen many wounds open up. They usually do take the staples out after a week. Once the wound opens up, it is impossible to sew it back up. The wound would get infected on the inside. Do go to the wound care center, they are vital to help you with proper healing, and your wound will heal. It is going to take a little longer, and may be uncomfortable. Please take good care of yourself, rest, take vitamins if you can. Your body will need protein, fruits, and vegetables. Try not to get too bloated, eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water. Hope all goes well with you and God bless you.
Linda
Unread 08-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Incision burst open

Hi, thanks to everyone who replied to me during my ordeal. I've been home now for two weeks and am healing nicely. I still have the wound vac on and the dressing changes are a lot more bearable. My wonderful husband always changes it himself. The nurse comes once a week and just supervises. It's annoying being tethered to a machine, but I'm so happy not to be in the hospital anymore. I drive now and we go out a lot. My energy level is a little better, but still low. I'm eating lots of nutritious food, no junk. Sometimes I feel I could kill for a Sonic burger, but get over it quickly. Thanks again for your encouraging comments.
Unread 08-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Incision burst open

I am glad to see you are back and on the road to recovery!! I pray that you continue to heal.

GA
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Incision burst open

PTL - good to hear!!

Hugs!

Shauna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register