Really tired almost 3 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really tired almost 3 weeks post hysterectomy Really tired almost 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 07-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Really tired almost 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi ladies
I am almost 3 week from my partial laparoscopic hysterectomy kept my ovaries. The last couple of days I have been really tired again. Anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2017, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piajess View Post
Hi ladies
I am almost 3 week from my partial laparoscopic hysterectomy kept my ovaries. The last couple of days I have been really tired again. Anyone else feel like this?
Hello & welcome!

Fatigue is a common complaint post op. You certainly are not alone. The body has been through a lot & needs rest in order to recover. Plus, reduced estrogen is the other main contributor to fatigue -even if ovaries are retained. The ovaries need time to establish a new blood supply & this down time results in reduced estrogen.

Do walk a couple times a day-whatever you can do, stay well hydrated. Eat protein & eat to keep the GI track going. All of this & rotate w rest vs 1 big activity a day. Fatigue may hang around for weeks or even months. If you notice it not improve 8-12 weeks then consider talking to your Dr about hormones & thyroid are the most common causes. I had fatigue mostly to week 8. It was still there for many more weeks, just not as bad. The days w more activity Id get hit w bouts of fatigue too.

If you can have soy as it helps w estrogen in the body. 2xs a day soymilk.
Unread 07-04-2017, 06:39 AM

You are still pretty early in your recovery so what you're experiencing with the fatigue is completely normal. Your body has undergone a major surgery and even though you may not be experiencing much pain there is A LOT of healing going on inside you. For me I would be good for a few hours in the morning then around 10 am would need about a 2 hour nap. I would then need another nap between 2 and 3 pm. When you feel tired stop and rest .

I was dealing with the fatigue till around 7 weeks. When I returned to work for half days at 8 weeks post op the fatigue really kicked my butt. It does get better though. I'm coming up on 14 weeks post op and the fatigue is nowhere near like it was in the beginning.

Hang in there!

Sahana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Re: Really tired almost 3 weeks post hysterectomy

I'm just over two weeks post-op and still hitting the walls of fatigue, but I expected that after reading around on this site.

What makes me happy is that I can already tell a difference between this occasional fatigue and the constant bone-deep weariness and lethargic feeling that I was experiencing prior to surgery from the almost constant bleeding. It gives me hope.

I hope each day shows you improvement
Unread 07-04-2017, 08:58 AM

I'm 3 days behind you and I get just zapped at about 2-3 pm. Yesterday I actually went back to bed for an hour and a half. I was just beat.
Usually I'm just drained, and want to lay down but yesterday I slept.

The energy comes and goes
Unread 07-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Ok, this post helped me. When I'm in the house I'm feel like I'm fine and then I go out to run a few errands (started driving again yesterday) Then, I feel really tired, low energy, back hurts when I stand too long (to pay for something). I felt really bummed. I thought I was "my old self" but my body says, "I don't think so". It's just so strange when mind and body are not n sync.
Unread 07-04-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatwave11 View Post
Ok, this post helped me. When I'm in the house I'm feel like I'm fine and then I go out to run a few errands (started driving again yesterday) Then, I feel really tired, low energy, back hurts when I stand too long (to pay for something). I felt really bummed. I thought I was "my old self" but my body says, "I don't think so". It's just so strange when mind and body are not n sync.
You're quite optimistic w your expectations on recovery-many of us have done this as well bc we really couldn't fathom this whole surgery & recovery...There's a misnomer thinking that this type of hysterevtomy is not major surgery when it really is. So dont be hard on yourself; your body feels the fatigue bc its telling you you need to slow down. Rushing recovery doesnt happen. If anything can delay healing.

Its best to do a brief activity & rotate w rest. If you feel good after rest, then do another activity then rest again. Slowly increase activity. You should feel better after rest. If not then you know you're pushing yourself. Its a slow recovery but it gets better!
Unread 07-04-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaStar View Post
You're quite optimistic w your expectations on recovery-many of us have done this as well bc we really couldn't fathom this whole surgery & recovery...There's a misnomer thinking that this type of hysterevtomy is not major surgery when it really is. So dont be hard on yourself; your body feels the fatigue bc its telling you you need to slow down. Rushing recovery doesnt happen. If anything can delay healing.

Its best to do a brief activity & rotate w rest. If you feel good after rest, then do another activity then rest again. Slowly increase activity. You should feel better after rest. If not then you know you're pushing yourself. Its a slow recovery but it gets better!
Hi, thanks. I guess I am expecting too much. I will listen to my body instead of my brain. My spouse echoed your advice.
Unread 07-05-2017, 02:36 AM

Same here. Everything out except ovaries. I'm entering my 3rd week and I find myself needing to sleep more and more. I'm just totally wiped out by early afternoon and if I go to bed, my poor husband comes home from work and still needs to make dinner because I'm out cold.
Unread 07-05-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramika View Post
Same here. Everything out except ovaries. I'm entering my 3rd week and I find myself needing to sleep more and more. I'm just totally wiped out by early afternoon and if I go to bed, my poor husband comes home from work and still needs to make dinner because I'm out cold.
It takes time for the ovaries to get up to speed. If you can have soy as it helps w estrogen in the body. 2 xs a day soymilk or other soy. Stay well hydrated, eat protein & fruits & veggies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register