6 mths post op, now with ovarian cysts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 mths post op, now with ovarian cysts 6 mths post op, now with ovarian cysts

Unread 07-03-2006, 10:51 AM
6 mths post op, now with ovarian cysts

I have read this site since before I had my hysterectomy and it is a wonderful tool. I do have a question though, I have endometreosis and had a D&C and a hysteroscopy done in 7/27/05, then after many complications and a horrible obgyn, my family dr. sent me to a new obgyn and my tubes were totally clogged with bile and my blood was poisening me to death from whatever the last dr. had done. He immediatly sent me to hospital for a total hysterectomy, without taking my ovaries, it has helped a lot, I was in hospital for 5 nights, 6 days due to having to have a blood transfusion. I am doing a lot better now but very tired, just recently I started having a lot of pain again in my pelvic area, after a ct scan and sonogram they found that the cyst on my right ovary had grown dramatically and I have 5 instead of just the one I had at time of surgery. My family dr. is sending me back to obgyn next week to see what he wants to do about it. Mean time I still have pain and I am having terrible mood swings, joint pain, etc...now It is just a wait and see game. I would just love to feel good sometime soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2006, 11:20 AM

oh sweetie,thats horrible,you would think in this day and age doctors would know alot more ... you just try to relax and take care of yourself the best you can,we will pray for your health....good luck
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:50 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

I fought my doctors to keep an ovary, and when I woke up from surgery in pain it finally hit me that the endometriosis could come back again, and It wasn't a pretty thought.

Ovarian cysts can be pretty scary. When mine were found the doctors were quite anxious to get me into surgery to see what I had.

I had a big sigh of relief when I found out that it was endometriosis, but that insidious stuff can still come back. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should follow the docs advice and just get me check-ups or if I shold start taking progesterone cream against his advice hoping that it will be the miracle cure.

39 Daisies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2006, 09:00 PM

thank you so much for your kind thoughts, sometimes you think you are all alone but you are not. My husband could not be any better to me than he is and is so carring and patient, even when I am a witch,lol. he just worries about me too much, but then again i worry about me too. I hope I get some good news from my obgyn, but I will take all the help on here I can get, you ladies are great!
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:25 AM

I want to send words of encouragement to you dear. It sounds as though you have been through a terrible time. I am sending best wishes and prayers for your peace and complete recovery.
Laurel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register