TAH 1st workout 6weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st workout 6weeks post op 1st workout 6weeks post op

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:47 AM
1st workout 6weeks post op

I'm 6 weeks post TAH with right ovary removed also. I got a elliptical while I was laid up and this morning is the first time I could use it! I'm pretty proud of myself. I was able to do a mile in 11 mins. Not great, but hey, after 6 weeks of nothing I feel pretty good about it. If you would of told me I would feel this good 6 weeks post op in my 1st week of recovery I would of told you that you were crazy! Lol However, I feel amazing! I'm back to doing all my house work on my own, driving my 4 kids around to all their ball games and I haven't missed 1 game! the only thing that I haven't been able to do is wear "normal pants/jeans". Lol but since I'm a stay at home mom it's not that big of a deal. I can just wear my Adidas or Nike shorts and I'm good to go. Hang in there ladies. It will get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Re: 1st workout 6weeks post op

Congratulations on a successful recovery! It really is a great feeling. You'll get into your jeans, give it time. Keep in mind that although you feel great, you are still healing so keep listening to your body. You may find that when that your stomach may swell when you've push your body too far. If that happens, just ease back a little and start back up a little later.

I wish you continued success.

Lots if ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM

This is very inspiring. I am at almost three weeks and while I am slowly walking my housing loop, I am no where up to exercising. I dont have stamina for sporting events yet or for car rides.

Thanks for letting me know that I am almost there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2013, 02:10 PM

Good to hear! I can't wait to get back to my workouts once I get the okay.
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Congratulations, that is awesome! I am in southern Ohio too. Who did your surgery, I'm dealing with prolapse issues after my lavh and I don't know who to go to.
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:43 PM

I go to Dr Arnett in Portsmouth. I really like her. She also delivered my 3rd child by csection and when I went into early labor at 33 weeks with my 4th I had to be sent Ohio State medical center for a csection. While I was on the table they asked who did my previous csection because they had done such a great job and I had hardly any scar tissue from it. Lol So that was a pretty good compliment I thought.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register