Newby sch for TAH June 23rd | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newby sch for TAH June 23rd Newby sch for TAH June 23rd

Unread 05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Newby sch for TAH June 23rd

Hi everyone, This is such a great place!!

I am 32, and I have had three abnormal paps done and an endometrial biopsy. The GYN says I have atypical endometrial hyperplasia. I also have PCOS. So she says it is time to do a hysterectomy. It is scheduled for June 23rd, with a pre-op appt on June 21st. I know she is takiong both the uterus and the ovaries. She said it has to be abdominal because she needs to look around. Also she said I would need to be on hormone replacement due to my age. That is all I know. Is she too busy to talk? Or are a lot of doctors like this? Are there questions I should ask? How cut and dry is the surgery?

I know I must have the surgery, she said it is precancerous, and I cetainly want to get it taken care of quickly. I have put off the surgery though until school is out for the summer. I didn't think 3 weeks made that much difference and she was willing to let it be put off for that long.

If anyone has some advise, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 11:36 AM

hi there, I am 47 and had a TAH/BSO on 4/11. I was given this site, which is great for support, ideas, suggestions, etc.

There is an area on here that will give you some suggestions on what kind of questions to ask. I would suggest any other questions you have to ask your doctor, "write them down" and when she answers them, write down her/his answers. It will help you greatly understand.

I think the Dr. gave you the basic info now, but when you go for the pre-opt, have your questions ready and ask all that you want to know.

When I originally went to dr. after having some other tests done, she indicated that a hyst would be the best option for me. When I had my pre-op, she told more in depth what she would be doing and asked me if I had any questions, of course I had about 7 or 8 of which I wrote down her answers. Don't feel silly about asking any type question(s) because if you don't ask, you won't know.

I am sure that you will be getting more posts on where to find different things either on this site or wherever.

I wish you luck and honestly as the time nears you will feel all kind of emotions, anxiety, fears, saddness, tension..........all of which are normal. Just take it from me and others that will respond, the waiting will be the worst part but before you know it, you will be recovering....................and listen to doctors orders when they say do "no lifting, no bending, etc"...............

God bless you
Unread 05-20-2005, 06:37 AM

Debra!

Hi, you hav ecome to a great place to find hyst related info and support. I don't think that there is a cut and dry for this surgery. They seem to be tailored for what each lady needs. And IMO - that's good! Each dr seems to be different, maybe yours' is just waiting for you to ask the questions. Some don't think to volunteer much - maybe they think that it would frighten us

You can find lots of helpful articles and hints in the Pre Op Articles. # 27 is a great list of questions for your pre op appointment.

Best wishes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks

Thank you for your kind replies. I just found out Friday that I need to go back in to the Dr on Thursday to discuss uterine prolapse. I didn't even know I had the problem so it must not be too bad. I am just tired and worn out from all the worry and anxiety. It is very frustrating for me and now at this point every time I see a little child I think "this is it..." I am getting a little depressed and I still have weeks to wait. I appreciate your kind words and am also enjoying the supportive words to everyone else's posts on the boards. I am so glad I found you!

Debra
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:38 PM

Hi Darling,
I'm about 2 weeks away from aTVH and am petrified. I actually moved my date up from Sept. That is a decision im not regretting. The butterflies are bad enough with only 2 weeks to go. I my opinion we'll be fine, if the butterflies don't get the best of us. Stay strong and trust you'll be fine
Unread 05-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks Suzy

I appreciate you kind message. I am sure we will be fine, but those little bitty thoughts sure can turn into BIG butterflies, LOL. You hang in there too, and let me know how you are doing. We'll be thinking of each other.

Debra

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register