Muscles feel antsy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Muscles feel antsy? Muscles feel antsy?

Unread 03-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Muscles feel antsy?

I'm not sure how to describe this feeling in my muscles but this has been the week for it. I feel like I need to stretch (tension/release) to make the weird feeling in my neck, arm, shoulder, or leg just stop. And the feeling happens mostly at night. Sometimes getting up and walking and stretching helps a little but it's like my muscles want to do something, go somewhere, but forgot to tell the rest of me about it. Maybe it's a vitamin deficiency? I should be used to being a stranger in my own body after 5 weeks, but I'm not. Anyone else had this happen and what do you do to make it stop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Re: Muscles feel antsy?

Gosh it sounds like restless leg syndrome...except it is affecting more of your body!! I have RLS and take Vitamin B12.. might want to google it and see if it fits what you are experiencing... good luck!
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM

My legs are for lack of a better word restless since my surgery - getting up and moving seem s to help. Thankfully it is not an every night occurrence. you are not alone in this

take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Started taking a multi-vitamin with B12 in it, increasing activities a little at a time, still getting the twitchy feeling periodically...trying to figure out if it is activity or lack there of, causing it...like a build up of lactic acid in muscles...or something like that. Or food or medicine related. Notes and more notes...
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM

yep for months. I think my anemia plays a part. I did find that a heating pad ( I use the kind that goes in the microwave) helps and I used a cream for restless legs.
Annoying isn't it!
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:00 PM

I went to Wikipedia to look up restless leg syndrome and found out it's not just for legs. Was also interesting to find it could be related to my hypothyroidism, iron deficiency, antihistamine use, poor food choices, and inactivity...pretty broad field actually. I have to go give blood at the lab this week anyway, so I'll ask my primary care doc about it. Hope this helps.
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:10 PM

Wow, very interesting!! Hope you can figure out what is causing yours... mine is genetic...Mom had it and sister has it too...
Unread 03-22-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmywoman View Post
Wow, very interesting!! Hope you can figure out what is causing yours... mine is genetic...Mom had it and sister has it too...
Well, that was pretty much right on the head...my mom said she gets it too. Nuts. That website said trauma/surgery can set it off, but it can go away for periods of time until something triggers it. Is that true for you, too. I know I've had this before surgery was in the picture...trying to think how far back. Wow. Time for a talk with the doctor. Thanks for the suggestion...it's really got me thinking.
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:11 AM

I have been taking the B-12 for about a year now and have not had reoccurance... until I stopped taking it after surgery..then it started again. So when I could stomach taking pills again, I started back on them and seem to be doing fine. I know there is a prescription drug for it too, but I thought I would try the B-12 first. Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register